Message to nouveau Packer fans RE: Farve/Rodgers

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to me only "PACKER FANS" that didn't truly suffer through the 70's and 80's seem to even CONSIDER having Brett on the bench is a good thing. Besides a few good seasons with Lynn ****ey and one the Magik man at the helm the Pack QB position has been impotent. And to those who think Rodgers is the answer, go back and watch his game tapes against S. Miss and in the Holiday Bowl last year. I just happened to watch those games last year and was VERY unimpressed by Rodgers. I truly understand why he fell so far in the draft. I know it is a cliché, but this guy is basicly a system QB and will have the same success in the NFL as David Klingler and Shane Matthews. I understand he is accurate, but that wont help overcome his lack of charisma, arm strength, and stature. HE IS JUST A GUY! HE NEVER LED CAL TO ANYTHING OR ANYWHERE- Watch or read about last years Holiday Bowl if you dont believe me! Dan Patrick said ESPN sources said TT and others in the organization (including Farve) dont believe Rodgers has "IT". I believe that TT never thought he would fall that far and didnt scout him that thoroughly. I have been a Packer fan long enough not to be SPOILED by having a GREAT QB so enjoy him while you can because the West Coast offense without a great QB looks like the 49er's this year!. Remember Rich Cambell (1st rd. QB pick from Cal), David Whitehurst, Anthony Dilwig, Randy Wright, Blair Kiel. - Great QB's are hard to find.

Bates is doing a SOLID job as D-coordinator, he needs to be promoted to head coach otherwise we will lose him and have to start over on D. I am sure we will have very little trouble finding excellent offensive coaches to take over an Offense w/ all of the weapons the Pack has when healthy.

HEY CHAD JOHNSON!!! HOW DO YOU FEEL THIS MORNING!!!, DID YOU MARK YOUR CHECKLIST TODAY OR ARE YOU TO SORE!

Cole and Collins are STUDS
Carroll, nice pick - still 3 penalties :penflag:

I was proud to be a Packer Fan yesterday, they did not quit. Especially the Defense.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ats right, the Green Bay Packers didn't quit and real Packer fans don't either.
The team nor the players can't be on top for an eternity but the true fans stick with them through thick and thin.
That is why there is a waiting list for Packer tickets and Packer Fans are # 1.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am allways proud to be a Packer fan and when you see that your players keep fighting until the very last moment I am even prouder.

I had some jerseys at home that I haven´t used even once as I fell that I don´t deserve to wear them (Ray Nieshtke, White, Hornung, Starr, Canadeo) so I framed those jerseys, THAT IS WHY I LOVE THIS TEAM we must never give up.

And YES MASTER BATES DESERVES A SHOT AT HC..

On Rodgers I would say "give the guy a chance when his time comes"

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not annoint Bates head coach. He did a great job in Miami also....there is a reason he wasn't offered the head coaching job there. Many great defensive coordinators fulfilled the "peter principle" when given a shot at head coach. Ray Rhoades, Buddy Ryan etc. Let's let Bates continue to grow this defense for a couple years. Besides, Sherman isn't going anywhere.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why not annoint Bates as HC Depack?

If he brings in a great OC (LIKE Charlie Weiss..)...then it could be like Bellichek and Weiss with the Patriots...only it would be the Pack...

a good team..(now..i said..LIKE Charlie Weiss..not actually Weiss.)

OP
OP
J

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Let's not annoint Bates head coach. He did a great job in Miami also....there is a reason he wasn't offered the head coaching job there. Many great defensive coordinators fulfilled the "peter principle" when given a shot at head coach. Ray Rhoades, Buddy Ryan etc. Let's let Bates continue to grow this defense for a couple years. Besides, Sherman isn't going anywhere.

If Sherman keeps calling chickenshit drawplays like Infante did his last year he will be going anywhere but GB next year!

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pete Carroll for headcoach! I don't think Bates necessarily will be a great head coach. Many defensive coordinators have been best at exactly defensive coordination, and not headcoaching!

Pete Carroll for headcoach!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Pete Carroll for headcoach! I don't think Bates necessarily will be a great head coach. Many defensive coordinators have been best at exactly defensive coordination, and not headcoaching!

head coach is two separate words...just like coaching in pro and college are two separate domains...pete caroll is fine at SC, and did not exactly do well in the NFL his first time by

Say what you will about Aaron Rodgers, but he deserves a better offensive guide than Sherman/Rossley to be given a fair chance in the league...

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:

Carroll has already failed miserably once in the NFL. I don't want his second time to be with the Pack.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do any of you experts know what kind of disposition or personality Bates has. Just because a man is a good coordinator does not mean he will make a good head coach. I don't know the man but obviously the Dolphins owner does and he passed on him.

Now go ahead and make your snide Sherman comments but it still doesn't make Bates a great head coaching candidate.

BTW....this just in.....Ted T. just signed Mike Sherman to a two year contract extension at about 3 million a year. He knows Mike Sherman....he put his own *** on the line by extending his contract. Sherman will be around for a couple years. Ted T. knew Bates when he extended Sherman's contract. Tell you anything?

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
GakkofNorway said:

Carroll has already failed miserably once in the NFL. I don't want his second time to be with the Pack.

I have to comment on this, because Pete Carroll did not fail miserably in the NFL.

He was the head coach of the NFL's New England Patriots for 3 seasons (1997-99) and New York Jets for 1 year (1994). He guided the Patriots into the playoffs in his first 2 seasons, winning the AFC Eastern Division title at 10-6 in 1997 and advancing to the second round of the playoffs, then posting a 9-7 regular season mark in 1998. His overall record in New England was 27-21 in the regular season (including 8-8 in 1999) and 1-2 in the playoffs. He owns the franchise's second-best winning percentage (54.9%).

After serving as the Jets' defensive coordinator for 4 seasons (1990-93), he became the team's head coach the following season. His 1994 Jets went 6-10. Only 3 other Jets head coaches won more games in their rookie campaign.

He spent the next 2 years (1995-96) as the defensive coordinator with the San Francisco 49ers, who won the NFC Western Division title both seasons. The 49ers were 11-5 in the 1995 regular season when they had the NFL's top-ranked defense and then went 12-4 in 1996.

I would hardly call that a failure, and what he has done with USC is amazing.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
yeah..DePack...

it tells me that Ted T..made a serious mistake..or perhaps he is a moron as well...

(time will tell..he sure hasn't helped Favre much this year on offense..so that's one strike from me against TT...)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Do any of you experts know what kind of disposition or personality Bates has. Just because a man is a good coordinator does not mean he will make a good head coach. I don't know the man but obviously the Dolphins owner does and he passed on him.

Now go ahead and make your snide Sherman comments but it still doesn't make Bates a great head coaching candidate.

BTW....this just in.....Ted T. just signed Mike Sherman to a two year contract extension at about 3 million a year. He knows Mike Sherman....he put his own *** on the line by extending his contract. Sherman will be around for a couple years. Ted T. knew Bates when he extended Sherman's contract. Tell you anything?

Tells me you have not paid attention to logic :)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[i]He was the head coach of the NFL's New England Patriots for 3 seasons (1997-99) and New York Jets for 1 year (1994). He guided the Patriots into the playoffs in his first 2 seasons, winning the AFC Eastern Division title at 10-6 in 1997 and advancing to the second round of the playoffs, then posting a 9-7 regular season mark in 1998. His overall record in New England was 27-21 in the regular season (including 8-8 in 1999) and 1-2 in the playoffs. He owns the franchise's second-best winning percentage (54.9%).

After serving as the Jets' defensive coordinator for 4 seasons (1990-93), he became the team's head coach the following season. His 1994 Jets went 6-10. Only 3 other Jets head coaches won more games in their rookie campaign.

He spent the next 2 years (1995-96) as the defensive coordinator with the San Francisco 49ers, who won the NFC Western Division title both seasons. The 49ers were 11-5 in the 1995 regular season when they had the NFL's top-ranked defense and then went 12-4 in 1996.[/i]

Interesting, Mike Sherman's winning percentage is as good or better than those numbers above, yet Sherman needs to be fired.

How many of you think Brett will stick around if Sherman is fired and a new coach comes in and he has to learn a whole new system.

The Pack is down, but not yet out, how about supporting the team untill the season over.

If and when The Packers are eliminated from the play-off race, then Aaron Rogers will get his chance, untill then I for one will be backing Sherman, Brett and the rest of the team.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
the difference is: Sherman is not producing now, Carroll is producing.

My neighbor is having an excellent season coaching CYO grade school football. Maybe we should hire him!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
the difference is: Sherman is not producing now, Carroll is producing.

Yeah, he's producing when he doesn't have to worry about draft position, the salary cap and gets to play a cupcake Pac-10 schedule. Really impressive in college, but doesn't mean he'll succeed in the pros.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Salary cap, and drafting is not shermans business anyway..

And there is a difference between cyo grade school, and college football.

College football is a close to professional as you get, and Pete Carroll has showed excellent results, he can't be worse than Sherman is now.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Salary cap, and drafting is not shermans business anyway..

And there is a difference between cyo grade school, and college football.

College football is a close to professional as you get, and Pete Carroll has showed excellent results, he can't be worse than Sherman is now.

The point, which you obviously missed, is that in college a coach can simply go out and get the players he wants (and it's a pretty easy task at USC) whereas in the pros, you can't. I'd also add that close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades and you have no basis for saying that Carroll can't be any worse than Sherman because you have no basis for that comparison.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's just ridiculous that this debate is even happening. if sherman won the super bowl and went out and recruited, how great do you think the packers talent would be? what kid wouldn't wanna go play in sunny sc with the back to back champs. pete gets who he wants. mike works with what he is given.

as for the bench brett thing....i didn't have to suffer thru the 70's and 80's to know that aaron wouldn't be doing any better. i was listening to the DP show yesterday and callers were asking for brett to be bench and dan's response was....."Do you really think that Aaron Rodgers can get something out of Taco Wallace that Brett can't? The Packers are so beat up that they brought in Freddie Mitchell to work out AND HE DIDN"T MAKE THE TEAM!"

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
First of all I love watching brett favre play the game of football, and I get to seem him play when i go to the pack vikes game in nov, and i hope he comes back and plays next year. but if he doesn't plan on coming back next year he should say so now. If we lose a couple more games and Bretts not coming back next year, than we should give rodgers some playing time. I believe and hope he comes back next year, it would be nice for the fans and org. to know what he is thinking. p.s. been a fan since 1970.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO way.....This is how you think it should go?

FAVRE:"Mike I'm gonna hang it up after this season"

SHERMAN: "Are you sure that's what you want , Brett?"

FAVRE: "Yea....I'm sure"

SHERMAN: "OK....you're benched. Screw the streak and all. Has anybody seen Aaron? Somebody warm him up." "Brett........don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out"

Get real. We've had this conversation. Favre will NEVER ride the pines.....EVER!

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
Easy don't get so excited, Iam a big brett favre fan but i also love the packers been a fan all of my life, and brett favre has done alot for the packers and as far as iam concerned he can play till he's 50. All i was trying to say if he doesn't plan on coming back next year, Iam pretty sure he knows either way and when we have no chance of winning the division and he keeps playing thats putting a person above the team, i would rather watch favre play the rest of the year because i know that we will never see a quarterback like brett in a packer uniform again, but than i would have to say iam being selfish. Sooner or later i hope its later we will have to move on without brett favre. Iam not a huge rodgers fan by the way but if the season is lost and i hope its not yet and bretts not coming back next year why not put the rookie in a little bit to give him some playing time to see what he can do, that way we will have a idea what we might have to draft next year. but that only if brett is retiring after this season.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack..

next these nice fella's will have Favre running out to get the tee after Longwell kicks off--for punishment or some other foolish reason...(eh musscy..?)

Members online

Latest posts