Merged with poll: So if we go head coach shopping in the offseason........

What head coach would you like?

• Total voters

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing McDaniels as coach. IMO, we need an offensive guru to work with Rodgers while he's still a viable quarterback and get that mojo back. Perhaps a Kyle Shanahan or Scott Linehan. Gruden is overrated. He won a Super Bowl with one of the greatest defenses of all time his first year in Tampa Bay and has pretty much been a .500 coach since. If Cowher were to consider coaching again, Green Bay is one of the few teams I believe he would think be a good fit for him. A blue collar hard-nosed guy in a blue collar hard nosed franchise.

Churd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like our offense is good enough talent-wise that I'd love to see a defense minded coach such as Matt Patricia from the Patriots. He's been coaching in New England so long he's had to learn a few things from Belichick.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers lack discipline and desire. They need a coach that can get them to play 4 quarters and improve a woeful defense. I don't have any obvious picks. Would Kevin Greene be good? perhaps but he beer made as far as a coordinator. What about Dave Aranda?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the bears let john fox go I would like him. the New England D.C. Is intersting but must NE guys fail after they leave. Both those would require a strong OC.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Head Coach: Gruden, Fox, Cowher
Offensive Coordinator: Payton, Favre, Philbin
Defensive Coordinator: Lovie Smith, Dave Aranda, Kevin Greene

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Head coach: Payton, John Harbaugh ( Unlikely Ravens fire him), Tom Coughlin, McDaniels, Lovie Smith.

Offensive coordinator: Marc Trestman, Philbin, Favre, Mike Holmgren, Mike Sherman,

D coordinator: Monti Kiffin,

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre as OC?
I can just hear him now on every play: "Just sling it down there Aaron and hope for the best. That's what I always did."

theNeed4Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HC: Bob Sutton [KC DC], Anthony Lynn [BUF OC], Jim Bob ****** [DET OC]
OC: Raheem Morris [ATL Asst HC & WR coach], Bill Callahan [Former DAL OL and current WAS OL coach]
DC: Al Harris [Former Pack and KC DB coach], Joe Woods [DEN DB coach]

D

Deleted member 6794

HC: Bob Sutton [KC DC], Anthony Lynn [BUF OC], Jim Bob ****** [DET OC]
OC: Raheem Morris [ATL Asst HC & WR coach], Bill Callahan [Former DAL OL and current WAS OL coach]
DC: Al Harris [Former Pack and KC DB coach], Joe Woods [DEN DB coach]

I wonder what makes you believe that Anthony Lynn is ready to be an NFL head coach. I would be in favor of hiring Rocky Seto (SEA assistant head coach/defense) as the Packers next defensive coordinator.

theNeed4Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what makes you believe that Anthony Lynn is ready to be an NFL head coach. I would be in favor of hiring Rocky Seto (SEA assistant head coach/defense) as the Packers next defensive coordinator.
Former player and has been on a coaching staff since he retired in 2000.. He's been RB Coach/Asst. HC under Rex Ryan since 2012. Coached RBs like Fred Taylor, Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, LT just to name a few.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the bears let john fox go I would like him. the New England D.C. Is intersting but must NE guys fail after they leave. Both those would require a strong OC.
Talking about MM losing his job, yesterday, my collegiate son (Bears fan) said "if you don't want McCarthy we'll take him". Intra-division Head Coach trading... ever been done before? :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Former player and has been on a coaching staff since he retired in 2000.. He's been RB Coach/Asst. HC under Rex Ryan since 2012. Coached RBs like Fred Taylor, Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, LT just to name a few.

True, but before becoming the Bills offensive coordinator early this season he didn't coach any other position than running backs for 13 seasons.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One name I saw mentioned a couple times in this thread is Dave Aranda. He would actually be a very interesting prospect for defense of coordinator. The guy has had great defenses everywhere he goes, including Wisconsin where the quality of player he had to work with is much lower than most of the major colleges. Plus he is a younger guy who may be able to better relate to the younger generation in the NFL now.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a DC who is hands on. Freaking DC just sits in his box and his office like a number cruncher and mad scientist. Teach these guys how to play defense first....then one they are competent at things like tackling, man/zone communication and blitz timing/spacing.....then you can give them this elaborate **** to run. Both of these coaches MM and DC need to do simple better. They both have about 5000 plays and 50 different formations.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One name I saw mentioned a couple times in this thread is Dave Aranda. He would actually be a very interesting prospect for defense of coordinator. The guy has had great defenses everywhere he goes, including Wisconsin where the quality of player he had to work with is much lower than most of the major colleges. Plus he is a younger guy who may be able to better relate to the younger generation in the NFL now.
I agree, but we have to have correct tools to do the job, Its crazy seeing Reggie Mckenzie leave the Packers in 2012 and build the raiders franchise back to its winning ways, and we are here stuck with TT that only wants to build through the draft or sign old veterans for a deal.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, but we have to have correct tools to do the job, Its crazy seeing Reggie Mckenzie leave the Packers in 2012 and build the raiders franchise back to its winning ways, and we are here stuck with TT that only wants to build through the draft or sign old veterans for a deal.
That is kind of my whole point with are you mentioning the correct tools, Dave Aranda bill Wisconsin into one of the best defenses in the country using two and three-star prospects as compared to all the big boys that are using four and five star prospect. The guy is a damn good coach, the only concern is whether that could translate to the NFL or not.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you not see the differences between the 2? I liked McKenzie, he's going to have success there, you can already see it, but come on. They've won nothing yet, let alone sustained anything. and most of what he's achieved so far was building thru the draft and getting rid of dead weight and gaining a favorable salary cap to work with.

Members online

Latest posts