1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

"Memories are so beautiful and yet. . . ."

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bruce, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ". . .what’s too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget."

Who remembers this guy???

I know for those of you who do know, you only wish you could forget ... :x

[​IMG]

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is that TJ Rubley?

3. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that is my guess. Called off the coaches play and did his own that ended in interception and lost game and was on a bus back to Texas before the hot dog grills got cold.

4. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You dare to speak his name on Valentine's day???? :wink:

The guy is resurected from the dead by Holmgren who makes him his 3rd string QB. His first snap, after first Favre, then Detmer goes down in the 4th quarter of this big game, is a turnover on a fumbled snap.

He whose name should go unspoken, gets bailed out by the defense coming up big, giving him the ball back. With a third down and a foot from the Vikings' 38, with a minute to go and the score tied 24-24, this brainiac decides to ignore Holmgren's play call -- a quarterback sneak. Instead he calls an audible, rolls right and throws across his body into traffic a perfect strike to former Packer LB Jeff Brady. Thereby snatching defeat from victory and extending Holmgren's horrific record inside his personal Dome of Doom in Minneapolis.

Good eye digs!

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Rumor has it that Mike Sherman called that audible.

6. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    De..............................!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i heard Sherman called the fumbled snap in the series before. i mean, what kinda coach calls a fumbled snap play at such a crucial point in a game? :lol:

8. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Sorry - those of us with old-timers, had to go back and look.....

I actually think I missed that one - back in them days, I was workin' tons of overtime for child support.... My favorite memory is from 1989, with Majik Man and that famous Win over Chicago. Sure, it wasn't the SuperBowl - but it was da Bears... and man how they 'did' whine.... on all Channels (in Chicago)... I was livin' in Racine County at the time.... WOW!

9. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    That's because it was a bulls**t call. By the way, it is the Packer fans that keep bringing that game up like it was something more than a regular season game that meant absolutely nothing. Just like right now. You are the same guys who are complaining about the officiating in the Super Bowl yet forget about all of the ridiculous calls that went the Packers way in that game. Get over it already!

10. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Just as soon as you guys quit bringing up 1985......
    To be clear - he never stepped over the line, saying his hand was over the line was the bull***t reasoning in that conversation.....

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    "It was a bull**** call".........."Get over it already!"

UMMMMMM who needs to get over it already? :tantrum:

12. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rumor has it that there is an asterisk next to that game in the Bear's press book. True or Urban Legend? Last thing I want to do is perpetuate a ficticious rumor.
    Hammer

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    It's NOT a rumor Hammer! Ditka had it put in there! He's STILL mad about it to this day!
    Now.....Prez.......GREAT comeback! 1985!!! :lol:

14. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Bear orgnization was furious about that Instant replay call in the Packer-Bear game in 1989. It meant much more to the Bears losing that Instant replay game to the Packers than just a regular season game that didn't mean anything. Phil, Sounds like your memory is playing tricks on you. Sound like 1989 history revision by you.

The Bears after that game held a grudge against Instant replay for years and voted against it, every time it was up for a vote by the NFL teams. . Then a bunch of calls went against Bears and there was no instant replay to review the calls. Then the Bear organization reverse themselves and decided to vote for Instant replay next time it came up again.

15. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    stupid bears
    :)

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah!!! What GAKK said!!! :wink: :lol:

17. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Truer words were NEVER spoken.....

The part I'm researching, since I have old-timers n all.... is the part about how soon it was that IR got terminated by dem whiner Bears...... Heck, it was only about 2 years, or so, later, right? I remember it seemed instantaneous... 'course, I was going thru some rough times, and not payin' strict attention, either... All I know is the Bears kept running it the wrong way down the pipe, and then it just got worse for the whole NFL - all because ONE football team was havin' a pissin' match....

Ya LOST, PHIL .... get over it! For cry iy iy.....

18. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Are you comparing that game to winning the Super Bowl? Hahahahahaa... sad.
    You are clinging to that game as if it were more than it really was. How many piss poor calls in the 4th quarter did it take for the Packers to be given that game? Who's memory is fading here?

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    WE are clinging to it???? How about "Iron Mike" Ditka!!! He STILL can't talk about it without blowing his top!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

20. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's be fair here. Philtration did not bring up the game. It was a regular season game and Ditka even had the Bears media guides put an astrick by the score. It was a close call though I believe the ball was released before he went over the line.

Funny how after this much time the game is remembered. That is the value of having a rivalry.

Both games this year were above average for the Packers. The INT just before halftime of the first game changed the whole complexion of the game.

I would rather have the Bears winning the division than the Vikings or Lions.

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Oh.....i'm NOT ripping on Phil! Heck, i LIKE the guy! We may like different teams, and disagree on some things, but he seems to be a smart, savy guy!
    If anything i said in this post bothered you Phil, let me know! It was all meant in fun on my end! I surely do NOT want to offend you!

22. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Not at all. That game actually makes me laugh.

23. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah.....it was a wild one, THATS for sure! :wink: