Mel Kiper Jr.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like they can do his job? It isnt that hard to predict the first round of the draft and say how you like every guy for a certain team on ESPN.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Instead of always saying how every kid is good and has great potential, I'd like to hear more thoughts on who they think will bust. Going by ESPN's draft analysis, every team got seven guys who will almost all help the team in some way and we know that never happens.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to like watching Kiper when he would just rip into teams for dumb picks. He seems to be much more subdued lately. I couldn't watch very much of the draft this year, but the parts that I did watch I saw on nfl.com. Mike Mayock is the man. Oh and to answer your question, no I couldn't do his job because I wouldn't be very good at speaking in front of the camera.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to like watching Kiper when he would just rip into teams for dumb picks. He seems to be much more subdued lately. I couldn't watch very much of the draft this year, but the parts that I did watch I saw on nfl.com. Mike Mayock is the man. Oh and to answer your question, no I couldn't do his job because I wouldn't be very good at speaking in front of the camera.
That's because teams used to make him look dumb by questioning the picks wrongly... Not only that, but he burned a lot of bridges with that attitude. As he doesn't have acess to coaches tape to look into players, he needs to maintain a good network of insiders. He can't do that if he's ripping them appart.

So now, instead of running his mouth, he just says that he would've done differently.

That's why McShay looks so idiotic. Because not only he doesn't have the skills to analyze players (given by the fact that no team has hired him so far), he lacks acess to the coaches tape, and he doesn't have inside info to talk about.

But, anyway, their job isn't to analyse players. Their job is to fill space on ESPN and appear knowledgeable, and look well on camera. They do that well enough.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with PackersRS in when he said he is kind of forced to be nice now. Also, now that the draft is so much more popular and more people seem to watch it, it just kind of magnifies this. ESPN wants people to like watching their programs, if he sits there and rips into half the teams like he used to, then it will **** a lot of people off. That said, lately I do like Mayock a lil better. He's incredibly knowledgeable.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Adam Schefter is like a Wizard.

Everything he says comes true. The guy is amazing, he's by far the best sports reporter there is.

Glazer is just as good. Both are must-follows on Twitter.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, NFLN. I used to hate Michael Irvin as a player, but think he is a great commentator on the NFL Network.

Members online

Latest posts