Meathead Simulates 2008 Season

Cubanpenguin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't belive all the crazy love for the Vikes, The only think they did is trade almost all their draft for a very good player, while it may help them get over the getting into the play off hump I don't think their are going to be going too far in them.

I just don't get it considering their O features An amazing RB and pretty much nothing else, Shut AP down and they can't win.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This is about as good as Dr. Z's prediction. Does the software know who is going to be injured during the year? They are assuming that all teams will have all starting players at the end of the year. And they have to be making assumptions on players based on previous years stats. That is the only way a computer can do it. So I would take this as what its worth, in a newspaper, fish wrap.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes seem to get props every year...maybe not to this extent but still it's somewhat the same. Just watch. They'll probably go .500 in the division b/c they always drop one or two that they shouldn't. I see them making the playoffs but it's probably one and done at best.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More of a fun, "what-if" exercise than a prediction. Nothing any sane person would put any faith in.

Besides, the Vikes have been the darlings of the NFL offseason for years now. We've all seen how accurate those predictions usually are.

(I did like seeing Ryan Grant run for 1362 yards and 11 TDs, though...)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was fun to read, but in reality, it means nothing.
I hope everyone keeps underestimating the Packers. The "experts" don't expect much because of this being Rodgers first starting year. If he didn't have 3 years of learning the plays and all, i might agree. But he knows everything, and just needs the chance to showcase himself.
Hopefully he will shine for us. No one can say for sure till he gets on the field. But i like our chances.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked this too. ;D

NFL MVP: Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings - 320 rushes, 1,620 rushing yards, 15 total TDs

If Minnesota makes it to the NFC Championship and has a good of a showing as that, they will have exceeded my expectations for the season. Here's keeping my fingers crossed... ;)

It would be more fun if Minnesota was the #1 seed in this scenario though... Then Green Bay would be coming to Minny for the NFC Divisional game instead of the Giants. ;)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings continue to be jinxed. First, Dr. Z. Now this.

The Vikings = Queens of preseason predictions!

All this sounds SO familiar...you know...like every other year where these people have high hopes, only to have them crushed by week 7.

Enjoy the next two months, Vikes fans!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is about as good as Dr. Z's prediction. Does the software know who is going to be injured during the year? They are assuming that all teams will have all starting players at the end of the year. And they have to be making assumptions on players based on previous years stats. That is the only way a computer can do it. So I would take this as what its worth, in a newspaper, fish wrap.

Barring injuries, you guys will be good, and will give us a good run for 1st in the NFC North. Injuries are always the big asterisk when it comes to picking out how a season goes.

That's a reason I'm thankful to have a good organization, that believes in depth. I think we're more likely to survive the injury bug than most teams in the NFL.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The stat that jumped out to me is that Berrian had a big year for the Vikings. I just don't see that. I think if any receiver for them is going to turn out to be a #1 it's Sidney Rice.

Not that it matters. It's a computer simulation. Maybe when I get Madden I'll try the same thing.

By the way....

Anyone else shocked that it came down to Dallas vs. New England?

Sarcasm with the question by the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts