McShay's Latest Mock Draft

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Todd McShay published his 4th mock draft version today which is two rounds.
FWIW he has the Packers selecting DT Vernon Butler in the first round and TE
Jerell Adams in the second. He has TE Hunter Henry being selected by the
Falcons at pick 50, seven slots before we choose Adams.

I wouldn't mind Butler in the first round as I think he could play NT or
DE and has some pass rush ability. I think Adams is a bit of a reach in
the second, but the more I read about him the more I like.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 6794

Thoughts?

I would be fine with drafting Butler in the first round although it might be possible to trade back into the early second round and still get him. His best position would be defensive end in a 3-4 which would mean the Packers would have to move Guion back to nose tackle at least for the time Pennel is suspended. Butler would offer an immediate improvement defending the run but I´m not sure he would offer a lot rushing the passer though.

Adams would be a reach in the second round and while he´s for sure more athletic than Rodgers but with him body-catching a lot of balls I´m not convinced he would offer the receiving threat the Packers are in need of at the position.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thoughts?
There should be several DTs available at the Packers pick with about the same grade, all representing value. The guy I am hoping for is Jarran Reed. He could easily play anywhere on the line. Plus, he is as good as the others, including Butler, but has more upside than any of them.

The 3 things I look for in a TT pick is upside, success at senior bowls, and flexibility of position. Jarran has all three.
Adams was the pick in my mock (unpublished) after Jarran in the first. Adams will go sooner than most expect. I think there is a good chance he is gone at the Packers pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

There should be several DTs available at the Packers pick with about the same grade, all representing value. The guy I am hoping for is Jarran Reed. He could easily play anywhere on the line. Plus, he is as good as the others, including Butler, but has more upside than any of them.

The 3 things I look for in a TT pick is upside, success at senior bowls, and flexibility of position. Jarran has all three.

Reed is mostly likely the best run stopping nose tackle prospect in this year´s draft. While he has limited upside at a pass rusher I would be fine with drafting him at #27 as well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reed is mostly likely the best run stopping nose tackle prospect in this year´s draft. While he has limited upside at a pass rusher I would be fine with drafting him at #27 as well.
Disagree on pass rush upside. But then again, he can be very successful in the packers defense and never sack the QB. But I think he will move outside in some packages and go after the QB

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagree on pass rush upside. But then again, he can be very successful in the packers defense and never sack the QB. But I think he will move outside in some packages and go after the QB

Well, Reed had a total of two sacks over two season at Alabama, not sure he will drastically improve those numbers in the NFL.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we go DL in round 1, I'm hoping for Billings if hes there at #27.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first round will be dominated by Crimson Tide and Buckeyes.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This mock I bet changes with Cook signing...we won't go TE in the 2nd no matter what now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts