McNabb traded to Redskins!!!

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last Eagles Qb to be traded to the Redskins? HOFer Sonny Jurgenson.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow... What a move. He never won anything, but to reinforce your opponent DIRECTLY like that?

It may be a bad thing for us. Before, the Redskins could've picked Clausen, now they're almost certain to pick a LT. If Okung goes to the Lions, then it's going to escalate in a way that we might not have anyone to pick at LT with the 23rd... Though I doubt it.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow... What a move. He never won anything, but to reinforce your opponent DIRECTLY like that?

It may be a bad thing for us. Before, the Redskins could've picked Clausen, now they're almost certain to pick a LT. If Okung goes to the Lions, then it's going to escalate in a way that we might not have anyone to pick at LT with the 23rd... Though I doubt it.

They could still pick a QB, in fact it might be the smart thing to sit a QB for 2 years. Let McNabb take the beating while the kid learns the system.

I am worried about us being stuck at our position in the draft if we plan on taking a tackle with the first pick. We might be reaching at our spot in the draft. Maybe ted will trade up

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles Trade McNabb within Division

The Eagles did what the Packers wouldn't & maximized their return for McNabb. What do you think!

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5055346"]Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins reach agreement on Donovan McNabb trade - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5055398@@AMEPARAM@@5055398[/ame]

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last Eagles Qb to be traded to the Redskins? HOFer Sonny Jurgenson.

Nice catch ivo610! I remember Sonny playing for the 'skins, and reading about Lombardi after he went there, he though Sonny had one of the best arms in the league too.

Of course no one could keep up with Sonny after hours...well, except maybe Hourning & McGee!

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is almost certain that the Redskins will pick a LT with their pick if one is there worthy of a first round selection.

They were desperate enough to go after Clifton, a 34 year old with maybe a year left.

Thats another LT gone off the board by the time we pick at 23.

I am liking the idea of trading down if I am TT.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is almost certain that the Redskins will pick a LT with their pick if one is there worthy of a first round selection.

They were desperate enough to go after Clifton, a 34 year old with maybe a year left.

I was thinking the exact same thing. If they were seriously looking at Clifton then it shows how desperate they are for a tackle. Oh well, I never believed that we had a chance at Okung, Bulaga or Williams anyway.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing. If they were seriously looking at Clifton then it shows how desperate they are for a tackle. Oh well, I never believed that we had a chance at Okung, Bulaga or Williams anyway.

Although if Jimmy Clausen who the Redskins were likely to pick drops to the Raiders (8th) or Bills (9th) who were both projected to select LTs with their picks both need a starting QB, thus a LT would drop in the draft.

Seattle and Cleveland hold the 6th and 7th selections who may pick Jimmy Clausen, but are not in need of a LT.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Interceptor has to be smiling. The Vikes would have signed McNabb if the traitor had re-re-retired. Now, he will continue his game of "will he/won't he" until training camp making sure the Vikes have no other option than to give him a hefty raise, say to 18 or 20 million guaranteed for him to return to the game that he plays because "dagnabbit, I love it." What a guy.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yup.....and the guys name is Okung. Betcha he will be in a Redskins uniform next year. I don't think its going to affect us to much though.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing has skipped me from all this. With a QB, there's 0 chance that the Redskins pick Jimmy Clausen. If the Bills don't pick him at 9, he could free fall.

It's a long shot, but if he somehow lands in Minnesota, I don't even want to think about it...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am pretty sure the Skins will pick Okung with that 4th pick. Also......I hope the Skins kick the eagles *** twice this year.

Members online

Latest posts