McNabb a Supporter of Vick

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure what to think about this. I don't think it's as bad as Deion, Emmitt Smith or Cliton Portis' comments, but I'm not sure Donovan really thought this through before opening his mouth.

From the Washington Post:

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb said he remains supportive of Michael Vick, even with the Atlanta Falcons quarterback scheduled to go on trial in November on federal dogfighting charges."I'm a supporter of Vick," McNabb said Tuesday at Lehigh University. "That's because I'm a good friend of his and also we're guys that obviously compete to win the Super Bowl. We push each other. Now, I don't know exactly what happened in that situation, and I think for all of us that have read over the stuff that was over the Internet, the report, you look at it as kind of like, 'Wow, you've got your so-called friends and family members turning their back on you now to make their situation better.' They're throwing you under the bus so that they can clean their name. That's unfortunate. That goes to show, I always have a saying that I've always lived by: If you can't trust family, who can you trust? It's an unfortunate situation, and I just hope everything works out well for him where he can get back out on the field."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
for me thats not as bad as what Portis has said, but its WORSE then what Deon has said...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody's going to say anything worse than what Portis said, but I don't think any of these guys have any problem with dogfighting. That's the common thread here. There are a lot of different levels of sympathy for animals. I know a lot of people who don't believe in killing animals for meat. Then there are people like me (the majority) who will kill animals for meat, but are disgusted by dogfighting. Then there are those who just don't see anything wrong with dogfighting.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a hunter, but i don't get ANY pleasure out of torturing animals. I hunt for food. And anyone that eats meat has to know that something had to die for them to eat it. But to have animals rip each other apart for fun? To me thats sick.
These guys need a wakeup call. And some serious prison time might just do that.
I think some of these guys are backing Vick because they are into stuff they want to keep hidden, and want their "friends" to back them up if they get caught.
Who knows, maybe these guys running to defend Vick are afraid he will finger them!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some of these guys are backing Vick because they are into stuff they want to keep hidden, and want their "friends" to back them up if they get caught.
Who knows, maybe these guys running to defend Vick are afraid he will finger them!

I'm starting to think the same thing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
isnt Mcnab same guy who blasted Brett for speaking up about the Javon Walker situation...saying something mind your own buisness?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
If anyone even tries defending Vick they are a complete idiot.
I REALLY think some of these guys are just afraid of the skeletons being found in their own closets. So they all run to "defend" Vick. But watch them scatter once Vick is found guilty. They will run like rats leaving a sinking ship.
I kind of hope Vick takes down some of these great guys with him. But i doubt that he will talk.

Members online

Latest posts