McGinn's NFL personnel people's views on Packers-Eagles game

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is Packer Insider Bob McGinn's stuff.
Good stuff, but I am amazed there's not a word about Brandon Graham in here.
He will be a test for Tauscher, rookie or not, maybe I am overrating him, but I sure hope we never even hear his name called Sunday afternoon or evening!

Forty-eight years and nine defeats have been recorded since the Green Bay Packers last tasted victory in Philadelphia. Two personnel men and two assistant coaches for teams that played the Eagles during the exhibition season agreed that the Packers would break their streak of futility by winning the opener Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.

"I think Green Bay should go up and down the field on them," one of the assistant coaches said. "Philly's defense isn't anything to write home about. If Green Bay doesn't make some bonehead play in the kicking game, I would pick Green Bay every time. Philly's just average."

As for the Packers' 0-9 record in Philly since 1962, the coach said, "The fact that it is, I guess you can't discount it. But there is no rhyme or reason that this group of individuals shouldn't go in there with the absolute belief that they win this game.

"Now they will have to play their (butts) off because Philadelphia will be fired up. Philly's tough. Andy (Reid) knows what he's doing. But I'll be shocked if they don't win it."

Another assistant has coached many times in the City of Brotherly Love.
"People will be going nuts; they spit on you, they're ugly people and it's an ugly place to play," he said. "It's opening day. Noise will be a factor. Blah, blah, blah.

"Hey, look. If Green Bay is what I think they are, they're one of the more formidable teams in the league. If they can go into a place like Philadelphia and come out with a win, they're a legitimate contender for the year. And they're experienced enough to do that."

One of the personnel men gave Green Bay the edge because quarterback Aaron Rodgers is in his third year as starter and the Eagles' Kevin Kolb is in his first replacing Donovan McNabb, who was traded to Washington on April 4.

"I think Kolb is sitting there trying to make plays that he probably doesn't have to and he should just get rid of it when he can," another scout said. "He just doesn't do that right now. That's a little bit of the experience thing.
"Philadelphia will be able to throw the ball on them a little bit. Those receivers are pretty good. But I just don't know how they can keep up with Green Bay."

Added one of the assistants: "I got great regard for Andy, but management probably pressured him into getting rid of the quarterback because Kolb is a second-round pick and they got a lot invested in him.
"They're going to miss (Brian) Westbrook. They've got to throw the ball to win, which puts a lot of pressure on Kolb. I have great regard for Green Bay's defense, especially if (Cullen) Jenkins can play. They've got a great front seven."

Postitional breakdowns here: Packers Next Opponent: Eagles - JSOnline

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
48 years since a W in Philly....What? Really? Is that true?
It is true. We've been killed there, and had our hearts ripped out there. I hate Philly. Hate their fans. Don't like Andy Reid.

This game is a huge huge huge game. It's no gimme. DeSean Jackson could kill us as a punt/kick returner and a WR. But if the little guy sprains an ankle, they lose their returner and best WR. Wow.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're all big games, but it is important to start out stronger than last year. Packers 38 Eagles 17

On the road to #13.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line on the Packers ever since Holmgren left: they suck on the road. They will beat inferior teams on the road, but put them on national TV on the road against an equal or better opponent and I would put their chance of victory at about 40%.

BigDaddyKaine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The steak ends now we are going to go in their and kick their ***** up and down the field. I cannot wait!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
48 years without in Philly is a hell of a long time! But I really think that the Pack will end it this Sunday. I have no fears over the Offense, I just hope the D can step and make plays. I'm sure they will.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though the Pack is favored to win, and I feel real good about them this year, still I'm just going to wait and see what happens this Sun.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the packers dont maul the eagles i will be disappointed.

theres just too much talent on our side and too much chemistry to not wipe the floor with them.

If we lose itll be solely on the coaches

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah i'm confident in a win but...

I know how it goes when you know your gonna win it usually doesn't happen.

Knock on wood!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If we don't play great against philly I'll be depressed and panicking even if we do win. There is NO EXCUSE to go in there and no play well. Philly's got nothing on us except a good kick returner.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don't play great against philly I'll be depressed and panicking even if we do win. There is NO EXCUSE to go in there and no play well. Philly's got nothing on us except a good kick returner.

and a better kicker.

Latest posts