1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCarthy's Job Approval Rating

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by hoos, Nov 13, 2006.

1. hoos

hoos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I keep my position,, until proven otherwise I still fell he wasn´t the right choice, I hope I will have to eat my words by the 2007 season end

3. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who in your opinion was the right choice?

4. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jim Bates should have stayed. Bring in McCarthy as OC. Bates could flat out coach though.

5. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He could coach a defense. Why does Bates keep being passed over by the league? Hell he was even a fan favorite in Miami and they didn't keep em. I don't know wether or not Bates would have been a good HC, but the fact that teams have been passing him over for the last 20 years says something IMO.

6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    MM was and is the right choice at the right time.

7. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was under the impression that he didn't want to coach this year at all once he didn't get the GB job. Could be wrong though

As for MM; I approve.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    after the GB fiasco, Bates was offered a DC job by the rams, he said no, cuz he wanted to be the DC in Dallas, who was interested. They went with someone else though. He's been unemployed since.

9. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe he'll come crawling back to the Packers after they fire Kurt. Jim Bates as secondary coach? He'd go for that.

10. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
  11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    hes #1 in my heart

12. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Here is what I look for in a head coach. 1) he has to be in control at all times. 2) he has to have a fire in his gut and that means he has to show some emotion on the sidelines. 3) he has to have his team ready to play on Sundays 4) that means he has to prepare his team well during the week 5) he has to be able to adapt his game plan 6) he can't be afraid to fire a coach who isn't doing the job 7) He has to be able to have some originality in his game plan and not become predictable, 8) he has to be in charge and there can't be any doubt from any of his players that he's the man in charge and his players and coaches have to trust him.

From what I have seen Mike has passed with flying colors in all of those categories. His team has gotten better every week. They have lost some games where they have won the statistics battle, but I'm convinced that teams have to learn how to win. I think Brett who is a winner in every way has had to relearn how to focus and how to win with less talent. I like what Mike has done with him. I'd bet Brett will be back at least one more year.

13. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't grant MM "flying colors" until either Kurt Schottenheimer is fired, or the DBs improve.

14. tano1998

tano1998 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Bates coming back as DC....maybe he can eat his pride and become a very well paid DC

15. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Check out Mike Holmgren.

9% in week 9

92% in week 10

The bottom line is most fans do not know crap, and this is what happens when you put up a Poll for the fans.

Let us just appreciate the experts in the media.... Even thought we do like some of them, they are at least a little informed, and do not take an idiotic 9% to 92% switch based on yesterdays game. They understand a coach is rated by what he is building.... not a what have you done for me lately attitude when asked an opinion.

Most fans are less than wise, so stop giving them a poll. That is like asking a retarded field mouse to runa maze and determine the importance of the National Dept, printing the mouse maze stats on a web page, and arguing about it on National Telivision.

Except of course here on Packer Forum... We are all experts. (Wink Wink)

RP