McCarthy's day after press conference

44 blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy's day-after media conference
Coach Mike McCarthy will speak with reporters beginning sometime after 12:15 p.m. As usual, we'll have all the injury updates and other newsy stuff here as it comes. Refresh for the latest.

* On the injuries: LT Chad Clifton (both thumbs), TE Tory Humphrey (concussion), RB Brandon Jackson (wrist sprain). Expect all three to be ready for the Chicago game.

* Play young players more now that eliminated from playoff race? "Our approach will be to beat Chicago. I'm not going to change the personnel, make roster moves, to use this as a development game."

* On finger-pointing: "I think a lot of that's competitive frustration. ... What happens on the football field, stays on the football field." Concerned about everything that's involved around it, like the miscommunication. Will go through every instance at 2:45 p.m. meeting. Happens every game -- just highlighted when lose.

* On Jermichael Finley's misalignment: Rodgers said one thing, Finley said another. Coverage was dictating play. It's miscommunication. "It's not OK. Those are the types of things that you coach for." Want to be under center longer. Breakdown of the play was in the execution.

* On incomplete fade to Finley: Does it well in practice. Thought matchup was in favor. Didn't execute well.

* Any concerns about Rodgers: "Do I think Aaron Rodgers has a confidence problem? No, I don't. I think that's reflected on the way he plays. If Aaron's guilty of anything, he might be too aggressive." Threw ball well, used his feet. "He can do a better job executing" in the 2-minute drill.

* On the big completion to open the Jaguars' go-ahead drive: Were in zone coverage. Could have played it a lot better.

* Need a jolt? "I think those are thoughts you have every day. You're always looking to keep your team on the path to victory." Always trying to push the right buttons. "We're 5-9, and my name's at the top of that. I take full responsibility for that." Believes in the structure, environment created.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts