McCarthy Sucks [Merged Threads]

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

We are 4-1 and I am happy but that doesn't excuse the terrible playcalling, the clock mismanagement, and the fact that McCarthy just froze after momentum shifted. I don't know, it seems to me McCarthy needs to toughen up and be a coach sometimes. Someone punches you, punch back.

That lost look he had really concerns me

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

I still have great faith in MM, but this was his worst game for playcalling.
We have limit our turnovers until tonight. But too many penalties also tonight.
Still, our only chance is Favre's passing.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

What happened to the quick slant passes in the second half? The only excuse I can think of for the conservative calling in the second half was that the Pack were starting deep almost on every possession. It didn't help that they seemed to take stupid special team penalties every punt.

I am very annoyed with the outcome, but then again 4-1 is not too shabby and the defence is still playing amazing. We correct some of the mental mistakes and a playoff berth looks promising.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

M.M.'s record with the youngest team in the N.F.L. is 4 wins- 1 Loss.

M.M. has this team in First Place in the N.F.C. North and he hs the second best coaching winning percentage in the N.F.C.

Oh by the way, he has the third best record in the entire National Football Leauge after five games.

Would Gruden have this team at 5-0? Would Holmgren have this team at 5-0? Would Dungy, Gibbs, Fisher, Petrino or Lovie?

I am in Chicago at this time... People at Champs Sports Bar and Grill on Golf Road in Schaumburg Il kept telling me Packer Fans are the worst.

Many of you are making them right, right now.

Sad.

R.P.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy Sucks

I just think its funny that we were basically playing not to lose in the 2nd half, and thats a big reason why we lost. I'm too tired. Good night.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Re: McCarthy Sucks

What happened to the quick slant passes in the second half? The only excuse I can think of for the conservative calling in the second half was that the Pack were starting deep almost on every possession. It didn't help that they seemed to take stupid special team penalties every punt.

I am very annoyed with the outcome, but then again 4-1 is not too shabby and the defence is still playing amazing. We correct some of the mental mistakes and a playoff berth looks promising.

Watch the game again.. the Dbacks came out in the second half and started to press without a cushion of 8 to 10 yards.. they didn't respect out deep game without Jennings in the game. Sooner or later someone was going to come up and challenge this short game we are playing...

Plus they turned up the heat in the pass rush.. we just played way to sloppy in the second half.. period. Playcalling is questionable.. but I don't think with the way we were playing that it would have been much different anyways... we looked very flat, rattled and YOUNG!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I still have great faith in MM, but this was his worst game for playcalling.
We have limit our turnovers until tonight. But too many penalties also tonight.
Still, our only chance is Favre's passing.

I agree. I still really like MM, don't get me wrong. I just think he had a HORRIBLE night when it came to play calling. We should have kept the ball in the air. As soon as we went to 2 back sets, that's when our O fell apart.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TheKanataThrilla said:

Watch the game again.. the Dbacks came out in the second half and started to press without a cushion of 8 to 10 yards.. they didn't respect out deep game without Jennings in the game. Sooner or later someone was going to come up and challenge this short game we are playing...

Plus they turned up the heat in the pass rush.. we just played way to sloppy in the second half.. period. Playcalling is questionable.. but I don't think with the way we were playing that it would have been much different anyways... we looked very flat, rattled and YOUNG!

How many balls were thrown Driver's way? Thats one thing that really surprised me when the DBs started playing up on the WRs. No deep balls, all short routes. The slant works great when you're able to make the big plays too, but not when you're relying on it to BE the big play. Ok, now I'm really too tired. Good night.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts