1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCarthy Q & A with Journal Sentinel's Bob McGinn

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Sep 9, 2006.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    SOURCE.

2. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I honestly don't have any idea whether McCarthy is the right guy for the job, but there is something about this guy that I've come to like. He seems to have his head screwed on right. Whether he built a good coaching staff is yet to be determined. Whether this team has enough talent to win or whether the coaches will put together the right game plan will soon be determeined. What I like is that he shows no fear. I like his comment about his team being ready to play emotionally. I thought that the lack of emotion was a key missing ingredient the past five years. I don't think you win game with emotion alone, but emotion with preparation is a heck of tool that I want my team to have. Now whether he can pull it off or not will also be determined soon. I just wish the guy well and I hope he has a long successful career in Green Bay.

3. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I like the quote on emotion, too. Watching footage/highlights, etc. the last few years, you always see the pre-game huddle by teams where one player or coach is giving the speech, and the guys who are the most fired up seem to be on winning teams.... it's something I've been worried about all preseason, looking at these players and just seeing an apparent lacadisical (sp?) approach to every play. I've been wanting someone who will step up and be strong vocal, energetic, emotional leader.... hopefully this team shows confident energy on Sunday, and not nervous energy.

4. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The one guy on defense who has to step it up big time is Woodson. He didn't show up for anything in the offseason, so while he should have been at OTA's becoming a leader on this team, he comes to training camp with a bit of a negative history who also has a bit of superstar status. He hasn't shown me in traiing camp that he is still a player and seem to be quite aloof.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    he's done and said the right things almost every day since the day he was named head coach.

but if he can't do it on sundays, that won't mean anything. His coaching in preseason looked ok, but thats preseason. I dont think he will flop as a HC, but I do expect some rookie mistakes this year, lets just hope they aren't too costly! go packers.