McCarthy Press Post Game Press Conference

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excerpt from McCarthy Press Conference - Oct 2

How does Ahmad Carroll hold a job now when he makes progress and then regresses and that's his history?)

We'll evaluate everybody tomorrow. That's part of our process of going through the film. There will be no decisions made tonight.

Have you ever heard the reporters ask a coach why he has not fired a player during the post-game press conference?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:

How does Ahmad Carroll hold a job now when he makes progress and then regresses and that's his history?)

We'll evaluate everybody tomorrow. That's part of our process of going through the film. There will be no decisions made tonight.

Have you ever heard the reporters ask a coach why he has not fired a player during the post-game press conference?

I watched that. It was Chris Havel wasn't it?

Man I love that guy.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was classic...McCarthy was lying through his teeth. What he needed to say was, "yeah, he's gone and we'll announce it officially tomorrow."

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you. I mean I know you want to allow a guy to save some face, but why not say something as simple as this; every player will be held accountable, that's how you get better. That would have said everything that needed to be said.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe next post game conference someone will ask about his buddy Schotenheimer...

Maybe he will have the balls to fire him too... If so he will be gaining my respect as an honorable guy, one who measures his friends with the same method that he uses on anyone else.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
PackFanInSC said:

When was progress detected?

He made progress during the second half of last season. In particular, he did not have nearly as many penalties during that stretch. He also had his moments in the sun during the pre-season and even the regular season in 2006, including the ball he dislodged against the Lions that turned into a TD for Manuel. He did well on blitzes and tackling ball carriers near the line of scrimmage. That's exactly what was so frustrating about him. He did show some potential at times.

But he was terribly inconsistent and his pass coverage technique never seemed to improve. His technique, such as it was, can be summarized as follows: grab the receiver, get burned, and run like hell to catch up.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
CaliforniaCheez said:
PackFanInSC said:

When was progress detected?

He made progress during the second half of last season. In particular, he did not have nearly as many penalties during that stretch. He also had his moments in the sun during the pre-season and even the regular season in 2006, including the ball he dislodged against the Lions that turned into a TD for Manuel. He did well on blitzes and tackling ball carriers near the line of scrimmage. That's exactly what was so frustrating about him. He did show some potential at times.

But he was terribly inconsistent and his pass coverage technique never seemed to improve. His technique, such as it was, can be summarized as follows: grab the receiver, get burned, and run like hell to catch up.

Don't forget, he DID get to play in the games without the boxing gloves on. That has to be considered progress of some kind.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts