1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

McCarthy Press Post Game Press Conference

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackFanInSC, Oct 3, 2006.

1. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Excerpt from McCarthy Press Conference - Oct 2

How does Ahmad Carroll hold a job now when he makes progress and then regresses and that's his history?)

We'll evaluate everybody tomorrow. That's part of our process of going through the film. There will be no decisions made tonight.

Have you ever heard the reporters ask a coach why he has not fired a player during the post-game press conference?

2. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I watched that. It was Chris Havel wasn't it?

Man I love that guy.

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    That was classic...McCarthy was lying through his teeth. What he needed to say was, "yeah, he's gone and we'll announce it officially tomorrow."

4. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with you. I mean I know you want to allow a guy to save some face, but why not say something as simple as this; every player will be held accountable, that's how you get better. That would have said everything that needed to be said.

5. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe next post game conference someone will ask about his buddy Schotenheimer...

Maybe he will have the balls to fire him too... If so he will be gaining my respect as an honorable guy, one who measures his friends with the same method that he uses on anyone else.

6. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When was progress detected?

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He made progress during the second half of last season. In particular, he did not have nearly as many penalties during that stretch. He also had his moments in the sun during the pre-season and even the regular season in 2006, including the ball he dislodged against the Lions that turned into a TD for Manuel. He did well on blitzes and tackling ball carriers near the line of scrimmage. That's exactly what was so frustrating about him. He did show some potential at times.

But he was terribly inconsistent and his pass coverage technique never seemed to improve. His technique, such as it was, can be summarized as follows: grab the receiver, get burned, and run like hell to catch up.

8. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget, he DID get to play in the games without the boxing gloves on. That has to be considered progress of some kind.