McCarthy opens the vault on playoff losses.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Personally don't care about this regular season. They can go 16-0. Only thing that matters is SB win. Anything less and it's time to look at changes. Only problem is who is better that's available.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
:rolleyes: This again? :whistling:

Mike Holmgren was too conservative (yeah...that's right, pre-internet Mike Holmgren was too conservative), thank God herself for Ray Rhodes...ahem... Mike Sherman, my god too conservative, we had a Hall of Fame QB and all we get out of it is two Super Bowl appearances??? From the git-go ... someone or another has had *** for McCarthy over one thing or another. I remember one guy saying the way McCarthy SPOKE from the lectern at post-game pressers reflected poorly on the Packers.

I want to toss one thing out there for all those afflicted with 20-20 hindsight ... the other guys get paid to play too.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy gets blasted by fans and media for being too conservative on 4th & 1 in Seattle in 2014 and taking the points on the road in a hostile environment. Then today McGinn blasts McCarthy for being too aggressive on 4th & 2 in Minnesota and not taking the points last night.

It seems that most fans and writers just want everything to go their way without reflecting on whether or not this is a game where you always win and lose - never one or the other. Weeds is 100% right.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy gets blasted by fans and media for being too conservative on 4th & 1 in Seattle in 2014 and taking the points on the road in a hostile environment. Then today McGinn blasts McCarthy for being too aggressive on 4th & 2 in Minnesota and not taking the points last night.

It seems that most fans and writers just want everything to go their way without reflecting on whether or not this is a game where you always win and lose - never one or the other. Weeds is 100% right.
The game situation was different. Frankly, I didn't mind the field goals in the Seattle game, however, I understand the argument that early in the game.... try for 6. In Minnesota, late in the 3rd quarter, offense has been struggling, DOWN by 3.... you need to tie the game. The entire 4 TH quarter would have been played differently... Who knows how it would have turned out, but things would have been back to equal.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not a conservative coach.
Really?
At the way you handed off instead of throwing to get first downs to keep the ball in Seattle's playoff?
At the way you put on the brakes instead of flooring it down to the very last tick?
The way you don't run up scores when you can?
You coulda fooled me.

The Green Bay Packers are 8-7 all time in the playoffs under McCarthy, including their 2010 run to the Super Bowl XLV title. But of those seven losses, five have come on the final play of the game
There is all sorts of wrong with those numbers.

Members online

Latest posts