McCarthy - one year and out?

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the same feeling about MM as I did with Ray Rhodes - he just isn't head coach material. He is all about keeping a positive attitude, which is good, I guess. But he reminded me of a dolt repeating rote responses during his press conference. There is nothing he's shown yet that inspires any confidence in me. I hope that will change, he is learning, one hopes. But if this season doesn't show improvement in this team, I hope TT has the guts to say he made a mistake and fire him, just like Wolf did with Rhodes. Over the years of Devine, Gregg, Infante and so on, they were allowed to stay too long. It has got to be pretty clear early, when a guy isn't a real HC, so learn from the past.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this will be my annoying rant throughout this season, but why the hell didn't we just promote Bates? He did wonders w/ our defense last year, and now not only is our D looking rather suspect, but our offense is looking like crap even though we hired an "offenseive minded" coach...you knew what bates could do, which was be successful, yet we went with the fairly unproven!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is TT's guy, he was brought in to teach A. Rogers how to play qb in the NFL. He isn't going anywhere.
This is TT's team, he will have all his pundants in place in time.

"but why the hell didn't we just promote Bates? He did wonders w/ our defense last year"

:agree:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wouldnt have minded Bates being promoted. but he was passed up in miami as well... and now he is without a job. so apparently it isnt just ted thompson who thinks he is best suited as a DC. i personally think if he thought he was good, he should have swallowed his pride and stuck around as the DC here. Then if MM didnt work out hes got the job, barring a collapse on defense we saw sunday

wayneweltzin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I have to say is McCarthy needs to grow some balls and take Farve out when he starts throwing INTs. He had Driver and Jennings in the fourth quarter and simply threw a crappy pass. Other then that, MM should not get all the blame. He does have a rookie coaching staff.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy gave McCarthy a group of players with very little talent.
He has put a team on the field with virtually no depth.

Even Saint Vincent would have a hard time making a silk purse out of this pigs ear.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wayneweltzin said:
All I have to say is McCarthy needs to grow some balls and take Farve out when he starts throwing INTs. He had Driver and Jennings in the fourth quarter and simply threw a crappy pass. Other then that, MM should not get all the blame. He does have a rookie coaching staff.

DID YOU WATCH THE FRIGGIN GAME??????????

IT WAS 26-0 THE GAME WAS OVER!!!! BRETT'S TWO INTERCEPTION HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING, but hey if you think pulling Brett out of the game after he was running for his life most of the game will solve the problem, the I hope you become HC.

saintfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mcarthy is NOT a head coach and not even much of a offensive coordinator. Believe me I KNOW. He does seem to get along with the players and fits in well as one of the boys but a head coach he is not. His ideas are way off base. His play calling will make you pull your hair out as well as cuss alot.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
saintfan said:
Mcarthy is NOT a head coach and not even much of a offensive coordinator. Believe me I KNOW. He does seem to get along with the players and fits in well as one of the boys but a head coach he is not. His ideas are way off base. His play calling will make you pull your hair out as well as cuss alot.

Yea but he's a tough guy from the Pittsburgh area so he's gotta be good :roll:

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT should get on his knees, swallow his BIG EGO and pride and go beg Bates to get back...

Then he should call a press conference cut his looses and fire MM..

But he is not doing any of that..

So wellcome back to the 70´s and 80´s.

Hey Saints Fan.. congrats on your next victory, but please don kick our butts as hard as dabears did..

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leelee said:
I get the same feeling about MM as I did with Ray Rhodes - he just isn't head coach material. He is all about keeping a positive attitude, which is good, I guess. But he reminded me of a dolt repeating rote responses during his press conference. There is nothing he's shown yet that inspires any confidence in me. I hope that will change, he is learning, one hopes. But if this season doesn't show improvement in this team, I hope TT has the guts to say he made a mistake and fire him, just like Wolf did with Rhodes. Over the years of Devine, Gregg, Infante and so on, they were allowed to stay too long. It has got to be pretty clear early, when a guy isn't a real HC, so learn from the past.

I said this a long time ago and I agree. I got that feeling that if this team does very bad (shows 0 improvement than what it was under Sherman), he could be gone after one year. So far the jury is still out on McCarthy but it's definately not a good start.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Leelee said:

I said this a long time ago and I agree. I got that feeling that if this team does very bad (shows 0 improvement than what it was under Sherman), he could be gone after one year. So far the jury is still out on McCarthy but it's definately not a good start.

Would you allow TT to stay if that's the case. The man he been here two years. He chose to extend Mike sherman as his first coach, got rid of him after a year. He chose MM as his second coach in two years. Now you're saying he may get to choose a third coach in three years?

Get real.....If MM goes TT will be with him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Would you allow TT to stay if that's the case. The man he been here two years. He chose to extend Mike sherman as his first coach, got rid of him after a year. He chose MM as his second coach in two years. Now you're saying he may get to choose a third coach in three years?

Get real.....If MM goes TT will be with him.

Realistically, TT is going to be here probably for 2 more years whether McCarthy is the Head Coach or not.

Would I allow him? I don't have that power. I'm not sure. I'd be disappointed. It would depend on who he would hire I guess. I didn't like the McCarthy hire. When I saw I said what is Ted Thompson thinking of hiring McCarthy over Jim Bates. Heck I like Sherman as a Head Coach over Mike McCarthy. Slowly McCarthy started to win me over with his approach and attitude but then 0 improvement was shown from the Bengals to Titans and now to Bears.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Chamuko said:
Hey Saints Fan.. congrats on your next victory, but please don kick our butts as hard as dabears did..

what a joy it is to have great fans like these.

This quote is so worn out bud. Give it a rest. Questioning how good or BAD your team is after a 26-0 loss is normal. Doesn't make you less of a fan, sorry.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No ****, packnic!!

Anyone that expected a win this weekend is delusional. All I really hoped for was for them to be competitive...which they clearly were not. As far as the conservative playcalling...lack of passing and almost no TEs...basically, it was done to keep Favre from getting killed by the Bears D. So....what if he had opened it up as some in various threads suggest....and Favre gets laid out? Yeah, right....the screams would have been even louder.

Get used to it folks....this team is terribly inexperienced and we are going to witness some ugly **** this year. What we hope for is improvement week to week.

Youth was served....with a side of mint jelly!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
No ****, packnic!!

Anyone that expected a win this weekend is delusional. All I really hoped for was for them to be competitive...which they clearly were not. As far as the conservative playcalling...lack of passing and almost no TEs...basically, it was done to keep Favre from getting killed by the Bears D. So....what if he had opened it up as some in various threads suggest....and Favre gets laid out? Yeah, right....the screams would have been even louder.

Get used to it folks....this team is terribly inexperienced and we are going to witness some ugly **** this year. What we hope for is improvement week to week.

Youth was served....with a side of mint jelly!!

How about a point! C'mon digs, I know you. You were so p1ssed that it took a day to post. I don't blame you. That one hurt bad.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No...I don't have a computer in my home....and love it...thank you. When have I ever posted on the weekend?

I anticipated a loss...but in no way anticipated a shutout. There comes a point in a game like this where you just drink more....and let all the bad feeling just wash away.....in a wave of whiskey and beer!! LOL

The most disappointing things about this game were some of our vets.

Here's some points:

Clifton is off...and he has got to get back on track.

Hawk looked as good as he could...with the ball going to the opposite side...KGB's side...all day long. He needs to be replaced on run downs because he is a huge liability on early downs.

Woodson and Harris both got burned numerous times. Secondary was by far the most disappointing aspect of the game.

Ahman looked good...let health prevail!

I think that the staff went into this game with one goal.....keep Favre from getting killed!! Which is why the TE's were used so little as they were blocking to protect #4 all day...and why we did not pass more even when the game warranted.

That's it....those are my pints.....er...points for the day, DePack!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
No...I don't have a computer in my home....and love it...thank you. When have I ever posted on the weekend?

I anticipated a loss...but in no way anticipated a shutout. There comes a point in a game like this where you just drink more....and let all the bad feeling just wash away.....in a wave of whiskey and beer!! LOL

The most disappointing things about this game were some of our vets.

Here's some points:

Clifton is off...and he has got to get back on track.

Hawk looked as good as he could...with the ball going to the opposite side...KGB's side...all day long. He needs to be replaced on run downs because he is a huge liability on early downs.

Woodson and Harris both got burned numerous times. Secondary was by far the most disappointing aspect of the game.

Ahman looked good...let health prevail!

I think that the staff went into this game with one goal.....keep Favre from getting killed!! Which is why the TE's were used so little as they were blocking to protect #4 all day...and why we did not pass more even when the game warranted.

That's it....those are my pints.....er...points for the day, DePack!!

You gotta get off that fat wallet of yours and get a computer in the home :wink:

Sometimes I wish I didn't have one but with kids it's a necessary evil!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not have kids...so there is no necessity. Hell, if I had a computer at home it would live up the "**** Loader" moniker....plus, I could be so much more up-to-date on all things "The Hoff"....like the fact he was just nominated as one of Europe's 5 biggest celebrities. Probably because of the celebretitties that surrounded him on Batwatch!!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A disappointing start to say the least. Many criticized Sherman for abondoning the run too ******, and after this game many will say MM stcuk with it for too long.

It seems like he played not to lose, keeping everything close to the vest - which I suppose is OK with a very young team, but he needs to show a greater ability to create favorable matchups based on his strengths. It will be interesting to see how they progress in the next several weeks.

I did like the fake punt and 4th down attempts.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
wayneweltzin said:

DID YOU WATCH THE FRIGGIN GAME??????????

IT WAS 26-0 THE GAME WAS OVER!!!! BRETT'S TWO INTERCEPTION HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING, but hey if you think pulling Brett out of the game after he was running for his life most of the game will solve the problem, the I hope you become HC.

I watched start to finish.

Once the game was over (shortly after the pack took the field for the opening kick off :p) or say the end of the third quarter, why not bring in AR for some live touches?

Then I suppose everyone would blame the Packers for "giving up" and bringing in AR, so that probably wouldn't work either... nevermind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts