McCarthy Interview

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you like it when MM was asked,
you guys are 14 million under the cap, do you think the team should have brang in an experienced RB?
MM did a vinny bobarino imitation, Who, what, huh?
many feel that green got this huge deal, but damn, i think 6 million towards green would've gone along way this season. we still would have been 8 million under the cap.
good job TT. Let's see how that one works out for the Packers!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Speaking of Green, how is he doing? How was his pre season?

edit, not too shabby.
Ahman Green HOU RB 17 car 5.7 ave 91 yds 5.4 46 lng

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

let's see how he is doing come november. anyways, in pre-season, against Dallas , who has a excellent defense, Green had 8 carries for 65 yrds and a 8 yard per carry avg.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

let's see how he is doing come november. anyways, in pre-season, against Dallas , who has a excellent defense, Green had 8 carries for 65 yrds and a 8 yard per carry avg.

oh, so the other three games he only had well you can check it out
http://www.nfl.com/players/ahmangreen/gamelogs?id=GRE035797

8 carries for 65 yds... with one carry of 46 ... without that 46 ... 7 for 19 but thats whats good about ahman, he breaks those long ones

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

edit, not too shabby.

this is what i am saying, was it a bad decision by TT not to sign Green?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Zero2Cool said:

oh, so the other three games he only had well you can check it out
http://www.nfl.com/players/ahmangreen/gamelogs?id=GRE035797

8 carries for 65 yds... with one carry of 46 ... without that 46 ... 7 for 19 but thats whats good about ahman, he breaks those long ones

exactly, and b-jack never will!
with the salary cap where it is, do you think the Packers GM should have signed Green?

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody could foresee all the injury problems we would have at the position. And with green staying in Greenbay that wouldnt neccessarily make it any better, because he probably would have been right up there in the injury list. I do believe however by letting him go TT should have had another one in mind to pick up in free agency. He should have known better than to have just Morency and jackson planned for starting.

Reaction score
did you like it when MM was asked,
you guys are 14 million under the cap, do you think the team should have brang in an experienced RB?
MM did a vinny bobarino imitation, Who, what, huh?
many feel that green got this huge deal, but damn, i think 6 million towards green would've gone along way this season. we still would have been 8 million under the cap.
good job TT. Let's see how that one works out for the Packers!

Last year, McCarthy said that the onus would be on the WRs to do something after the catch, and that's the way they (WRs) would gain most of their yards.

Our WR group consisted of an all-pro in Driver, a rookie in Jennings, an injury prone Ferggy, and a player cut twice by the WR lacking Chargers in Martin.

Even the most optimist of peoples would have wondered how on earth can you expect a group like that to produce a lot of yards after catches.

At the end of the season, the Packers were second in yards after a catch, with New Orleans being first.

McCarthy consistently said "I'll put my guys in a position to make plays, they just have to make them".

McCarthy implies as much again in this interview. He talks about choosing plays well suited to exploit the scheme the opposing D runs.

McCarthy has talked about it (the O) all starting up front with the o-line doing there jobs. He's going to call the plays where the o-line will be successful in opening lanes and B-Jack will be able to exploit them.

It seems like a difficult task right now, but based on history, McCarthy will always put his players in a position to make plays. B-Jack is currently a player for McCarthy, so you have to believe he'll be put in positions to make plays.

Wait until the season actually starts and the running game struggles before criticizing like you are.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr come on man... i thought we had all settled that Ahman wanted too much to pay.

Packers were 26th in rushing yards WITH green last year... why pay the 26th best rushing attacks lead running back 6 million a year... when you can get at least that much production with 2 guys back there that cost nothing basically.
It just doesnt make sense. you look at guys because of their names too much my man. In reality he was a 30+ year old running back who had declined every year. I loved him in his prime too, but he doesnt add anything to our backfeild besides another injury reserve spot.

AND AGAIN... lets wait till the O-line is doing all it can do to open holes. before we call Ahman back for god sakes.

exactly, and b-jack never will!

HOW DO YOU KNOW!!!

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think MM made the reporter look like a fool but saying "who?" and then "who?" again.

There simply wasn't any RB out there that the Packers wanted.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers would've been better off franchising Ahman Green rather than signing him to a long term deal. However by putting the tag on him it would make the Packers come off looking like ****** since this was Green's final shot at signing a long term deal and getting a big bonus.

Green Bay made the right call in letting Green go but I'm not sure they made the right call in replacing him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didnt take but 1 response to the thread before dhpackr contaminated it.

yes, contaminated.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was impressed as well as how he fielded the questions. Questions that pretty much attacked him directly. 45% is committing to the run for McCarthy, don't know if I had heard that before. Also Brett has more freedom at the line, found that interesting.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's funny that he asked him about 25 questions about his contract, before he realized McCarthy wasn't going to bite. Kudos to MM for not biting. It reminds me of when Brett was asked over and over again last year, "So, are you playing next year?" Just like when we were 5 and asked our parents, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :roll: :lol:

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's funny that he asked him about 25 questions about his contract, before he realized McCarthy wasn't going to bite. Kudos to MM for not biting. It reminds me of when Brett was asked over and over again last year, "So, are you playing next year?" Just like when we were 5 and asked our parents, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :roll: :lol:

Yeah, that kinda got on my nerves when reading the interview. MM kept giving answers showing he didn't want to talk about his contract, and the interviewer kept asking questions involving his contract.. That's why I'm not a head coach, because I probably would've cussed at the guy.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:

That's why I'm not a head coach, because I probably would've cussed at the guy.
Yeah I don't think I would last long either. :lol:

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad this thread has finally moved beyond the discussion of Ahman Green. I agree that McGinn hammered away too long about McCarthy's contract, but I liked how McCarthy handled it. I feel I learned much more about him from that interview than I would have from a Larry King style feelgood interview.

Reaction score
I'm found it really interesting that McCarthy said he had talked to Moss during the off-season.

Unless I mistook that response completely, that makes me really interested in knowing exactly why the Moss to GB thing never happened.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

edit, not too shabby.

this is what i am saying, was it a bad decision by TT not to sign Green?

No. Definitely time to let him go and move on.

Members online

Latest posts