McCarthy era off to an awful start

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're 0-2 and have to go to Detroit. I think Detroit looked pretty good last week but apparently weren't too good today. We have so many holes to fill that it's going to be tough to get better. This is a team with no depth at safety, running back and offensive line and the players who are starters are marginal at best. You can't even go with your best running back in a close game at the end of the game because you can't take the cance on him fumbling the ball. I don't know how you can reclaim Lambeau with a team like this. We were better today than last week but we played a far inferior team than last week too. I don't think the improvement speaks well.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well chicago is very good. We lost by 26. Lions lost by 27. A loss is a loss, but Chicago seems to be legit. Grossman is...wow. I never expected him to be doing what hes doing.

Lions...we should be able to stop their run like we've done the last 2 weeks to teams. After that....anything goes, i have no guess to what that one will look like.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Trom maybe GB will win by 1 next week.

It is an awful start but were you expecting 2-0? I thought 1-1 for sure. With a little luck 2-0 would've been nice.

Although I wrote an article and said the most important thing needed was a fast start. We didn't get that. It's going to be a long year and going into this off season I expected that and going into the season I expected that.

Reaction score
porky, I would disagree with you in terms of the Packers being able to go 2-0 if a little lucky. Bears are for real, and damn scary. No way a team like ours stands a chance, not unless the D boards the wrong plane and ends up somewhere else.

1-1 wasa possibility, but the Saints just have more playmakers than we do. Can't expect the playmakers to be kept in check forever, and they came out in the 2nd half of the game.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

It is an awful start but were you expecting 2-0? I thought 1-1 for sure. With a little luck 2-0 would've been nice.

Although I wrote an article and said the most important thing needed was a fast start. We didn't get that. It's going to be a long year and going into this off season I expected that and going into the season I expected that.

So, this far this can be no disappointment for you, just as you expected it, huh? :wink: :lol: I hoped for a 3-0-september, now I'm down to 1-2.
Hopefully it's like it was in 2004 and the Kitties are the turning point. Then we played them after 4 losses in a row. Seems like for the last years the Pack allways starts slow, some times with a Happy Ending (2004), sometimes (2005) not. Starting weak, but loosing strong, or so... :wink: :lol:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Canadian packer said:
I also expected a long season... Like I said before I don't think Mccarthy was a good hire...This guy hasn't won any where...

McCarthy definitely got outcoached today.
They were able to make adjustments and we couldn't.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bavpb said:
porky88 said:

So, this far this can be no disappointment for you, just as you expected it, huh? :wink: :lol: I hoped for a 3-0-september, now I'm down to 1-2.
Hopefully it's like it was in 2004 and the Kitties are the turning point. Then we played them after 4 losses in a row. Seems like for the last years the Pack allways starts slow, some times with a Happy Ending (2004), sometimes (2005) not. Starting weak, but loosing strong, or so... :wink: :lol:

Were you expecting more out of a team that is this young and coming off a 4-12 year and rebuilding. I picked Chicago and New Orleans to win. They won. I was dissapointed with the lack of effort against Chicago but rather pleased with the heart they showed today. Yes it's a loss but the guys did come out and play hard and fought for 4 quarters.

ehh but I wouldn't expect a strong finish. It should get better but this is not a playoff caliber team at the moment.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
bavpb said:
porky88 said:

Were you expecting more out of a team that is this young and coming off a 4-12 year and rebuilding. I picked Chicago and New Orleans to win. They won. I was dissapointed with the lack of effort against Chicago but rather pleased with the heart they showed today. Yes it's a loss but the guys did come out and play hard and fought for 4 quarters.

ehh but I wouldn't expect a strong finish. It should get better but this is not a playoff caliber team at the moment.

There were times I was exp... no...hoping for a little bit more.....1-1.. loss to da Bears (ouch, ouch, ouch as ouch can be) and a wiieennnn (hope you feel the sensetiveness of this wiieennn, it's real close..) today... okay I hoped for a 3-0 September (as I said before) but am down to a 1-2 now.
I also hope for and believe in this bravehearts (young-guns and -talents with an old and much more talented leader) for this year (6-11 ---ooouuuch, noooo, this hurts an optimist like me too much (glass is allways hallf full, not half empty!!) 8-8, okay thats an outcome I can live with). Maybe not the playoffs, but 8 wins with a rookie-team that will grow together (Hawks)!?
lwas!

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure didn't see anything in the preseason that would have led me to think that this team was ready to win. What I'm disappointed with are things that are fixable, dropped passes, missed assignments by dbacks, flippant tackling, fumbles....that type of things. I think our tight ends dropped four or five passes today. Green fumbled on and must have had at least two drops today. When you're as young as we are, I would at least expect the veterans to play well. I said the same thing about Mike Sherman so I'll say it here too, if there are no consequences for bad play, then you're going to get more bad play. McCarthy's job is to get them ready to play, make adjustments and get them focused. In the preseason and the first two games of the season I'm not seeing any of that yet.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I sure didn't see anything in the preseason that would have led me to think that this team was ready to win. What I'm disappointed with are things that are fixable, dropped passes, missed assignments by dbacks, flippant tackling, fumbles....that type of things. I think our tight ends dropped four or five passes today. Green fumbled on and must have had at least two drops today. When you're as young as we are, I would at least expect the veterans to play well. I said the same thing about Mike Sherman so I'll say it here too, if there are no consequences for bad play, then you're going to get more bad play. McCarthy's job is to get them ready to play, make adjustments and get them focused. In the preseason and the first two games of the season I'm not seeing any of that yet.

agreed.

those dropped passes and fumbles where very costely.

the game would have went into overtime if green didnt fumble.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Canadian packer said:
I also expected a long season... Like I said before I don't think Mccarthy was a good hire...This guy hasn't won any where...

McCarthy definitely got outcoached today.
They were able to make adjustments and we couldn't.

Oucoached??? To be outcoached you need to, first be a COACH, and this McCarthy is a clown not a coach, we also have a GM that need 3 hands to find his own butt...

Long, long season ahead, even in the Mexican TV they are ripping the Pck, at least they still show respect for Brett and they are a lot more clear on how a bad coaching staff can affect a team..

By the way I can stand the awful start if it lead to a fast end.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
damn negative nancy, whats your beef with the guy?

Trom:

Just look at the guy and tell me are you OK with him as HC?

Well you used to be very ******* Sherman, and if we compare Sherman and this clown I take Sherman any day..

You are the biggest TT backer, now compare Sean to Mike and tell me, honestly, would you rather have Sean the HC or Mike as the Packers HC?

Just be honest..

I dont have anything personal with Mike, but I hate to have a losser as a HC for my team.

Reaction score
Be reasonable Cham.

Fire MM now. Bring in a new coach right away. Have the coach start from scratch to build this team, and have them waste this season getting used to the O scheme the new coaches will bring.

OR

Fire MM now. Hire someone from the staff (no one is proven). Have a HC that is stuck using McCarthy's system, something in which they may have little trust so far. Waste the season also.

Either of these two options are silly. Be realistic Cham, this new "you" is sad.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
tromadz said:

Trom:

You are the biggest TT backer

Hes 0-2. Relax. He is a ROOKIE COACH. Jennings made rookie mistakes last week and this week, but our ROOKIE coach is supposed to coach like a hall of famer in midseason form? are you serious or delirious? (that was awesome, im copyrighting that)

and what does TT have to do with MM? Hes a new\rookie coach. He's 0-2. Fire him? thats stupid, and AADP tells you why.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if they can get to 8. I had them at 6 and this one as a W. Usually a team will win one that aren't going to and Chicago will probably have home field wrapped up by Week 15 so when we play them in the last week we'll probably be playing backups :wink:

Seriously though the Bears did look very good this week again. Keep an eye on them. GB just needs to improve from a week to week basis. Next week though I expect a win against a sorry Lions team.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
aadp's reasons arent the only reasons why not to fire a coach after two games. all though they are good reasons.

if Kraft fired belichek after his first two consecutive blowout losses..... there wouldnt be 3 superbowls in New England. i just cant stress how stupid firing a HC after two games would be. in fact i cant stress how stupid it is to be talking about it. i dont want to ever hear it again.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol@FIRing a coach after two games?

If you do that you might as well fire your own *** while you're at it because it proves you wasted MONTHS of prepration for the next coach and basically have to tank the season.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Chamuko said:
tromadz said:

Trom:

Hes 0-2. Relax. He is a ROOKIE COACH. Jennings made rookie mistakes last week and this week, but our ROOKIE coach is supposed to coach like a hall of famer in midseason form? are you serious or delirious? (that was awesome, im copyrighting that)

and what does TT have to do with MM? Hes a new\rookie coach. He's 0-2. Fire him? thats stupid, and AADP tells you why.

Rookie coach?

So is Childress...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
tromadz said:
Chamuko said:
tromadz said:

Trom:

Rookie coach?

So is Childress...

And Payton

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
majikman said:
tromadz said:
Chamuko said:
tromadz said:

Trom:

Rookie coach?

So is Childress...

And Payton

lol...wow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts