McCarthy Conference

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Said the bears game is important cuz they're our "arch-rivals".

- Driver gave a speech to the team today on the regular season, and the Rivalry of the packers\bears

- Said him and his coaches have, and are going to continue to put the players in the position to make plays, the position to win.

- "They're responding, they're continuing to get better." McCarthy on the young team, young line

- "We're trying to get as many good players as possible" - when asked what they're trying to do with the roster (this was a stupid question and a waste of time)

- "We'll be in good shape" on defense.

- Ahman is the starter, and is getting ready for Sunday.

- He said ball security, and takeaways are vital this week.

- The guys they got on saturday were guys they've been looking at for a long time, and mccarthy looks forward to working with them.

- Jennings, just outperformed ferguson, and it wasnt a reflection on ferguson, it was just Jennings being so damn good. He said Ferguson has had a good camp, just outshined by Jennings. He said they dont have a 1,2,3 on depth chart, and are all interchangable.

- on Ferguson not being mad, McCarthy said he WANTS players to be mad, to have that conflict, and hes not comfortable with a player just accept the change so easy. He said Ferguson,however, does DO certain things BETTER than Driver and Jennings.

- Scott Wells is doing a great job, cuz nobody mentions his name much, which is a good thing. "Outstanding training camp" he does line calls, and preotection adjustments well, "cant say enough good things about him"

NOTE: When they asked about certain packages, or certain strategies, he wouldnt even think about answering it. Very secretive. If you think you know the 2006 packers on what you seen in the preseason, you are so wrong.

EDIT - Why I posted this in the smack area, is beyond me. Can a moderator move this to the main forum, please?

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears games are the most important games every year... well vikes too...

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uhhh...stupid question #3,498...what was the score of fridays game?? try to remember, i was camping all weekend & haven't been able to catch much info.
thanx guys! :)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
35-21 Tenn. in a game where they played their starters into the 3rd quarter, where as we had one series with our starting O and D.

Does anyone else feel like we are sandbagging a little bit, McCarthy is being secretive about all kinds of stuff. Not to mention bretts comment about the talent level. Could just be keepin stuff on the DL so no one sees it coming and over looks us.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a lot of coaches are secretive like that, i like that quality.

belicheck is like that hardcore. one time a player got hurt, and an oppoing team trainer went out too to help out, and belicheck went off on him, cuz he doesnt want the other team knowing ****. secrets are good somtimes.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just wish belichek would take a shower once in a while.... he looks like some paranoid freak on the sideline... maybe keeping those secrets has caused him to go crazy..... and would it kill him to wear a golf shirt.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thnx trom...

good to hear about wells...it's quasi comforting knowing we only have two huge concerns on the o-line rather than 3

his fergy comments don't really comfort me...but on the other hand I think fergy works better w/out the pressure on him, like he had last year. His best year was '04 when JW and DD were also shinning.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Thanks Zero, you truly are the knig of the video post. You're like Kramers friend Brody on Seinfeld.lol

Thanks. I have a nice surprise for future videos too! :) Better hosting and better software! woohoo! :)

Members online

Latest posts