Mayock Tabs Baker From USC For Packers' In First Round

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There seems to be a push for the Saints to take Cromartie at 10. It'll be hard to move up higher than that.

Sam Baker wouldn't be a bad pick... it's a tough spot. Unless someone slips, best bet could bet trading up or down.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
I would have no problem with this pick because every time I see Clifton with bags of ice on his knees, I cringe. Anybody check out his major - Sociology - which would tell me that he's not your run of the mill *******.

Sociology? That's a joke major.
I'm a sociology major. I find it to be pretty poignant stuff. It's definitely changed the way I see the world--but it's not "depressing," it's enlightening. My $.02

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
millertime said:
DakotaT said:
I would have no problem with this pick because every time I see Clifton with bags of ice on his knees, I cringe. Anybody check out his major - Sociology - which would tell me that he's not your run of the mill *******.

I'm a sociology major. I find it to be pretty poignant stuff. It's definitely changed the way I see the world--but it's not "depressing," it's enlightening. My $.02

I can understand that point of view. We're all different which is what makes the world a great place. Save the world Evad04!

:D

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:
DoddPower said:
millertime said:
DakotaT said:

heh, I'm a environmental biology major taking my second sociology class as we speak (damn liberal arts university requirements). I must say, it is definitely MUCH MUCH easier then about any science class I have had, yet all the sociology majors in the class complain about it.

It's quite funny, actually. I would have had much more of a life the past 4.5 years had a been a sociology major. However, it is interesting stuff and the real go getters can really get a lot out of it. It's just a bit too depressing for me though.

Just think how depressing Chemistry or Biology is for the Sociology majors. FWIW, I am a biologist, working as an analytical scientist and had to take a few LA classes myself. Make the best of it, if it's as easy as you say, it should be an easy A. Philosophy, Sociology, I even had to take a stupid Economics class that I considered the biggest waste of time ever.

You're a chemist, now make me some beer!
I just kegged a Baltic Porter and my Vienna is about 3 weeks from finishing. Kolsch, Altbier, and Pale ale are next, those will get me through the summer. Jealous? Homebrewed draft beer for 25 to 40 cents per pint.
Yum.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
home brew gives me hangovers. you filter?
No filtering, naturally sedimented. The only reason you get a hangover is because you drank too much. Alcohol is alcohol.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There will be so many good corners at 30. And, if you get a guy like Cason, he can return punts/kicks and we don't have to do the yearly "waste a 5th round pick on a tiny guy to return kicks" pick and can get an OL later in the draft.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
A little different nature, but we make a strawberry/crannberry wine that is superb.. just never to make enough during hunting season..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
No filtering, naturally sedimented. The only reason you get a hangover is because you drank too much. Alcohol is alcohol.

and the awful truth comes out! you have a lot more authority on the subject than i do obviously, but i understand that it isn't necessarily the alcohol that makes you feel crappy, but the impurities in it. I guess "hangover" isn't the right word, i just get really bad headaches from it, and it isn't always the next morning; usually they come within and hour or two.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bozz_2006 said:

and the awful truth comes out! you have a lot more authority on the subject than i do obviously, but i understand that it isn't necessarily the alcohol that makes you feel crappy, but the impurities in it. I guess "hangover" isn't the right word, i just get really bad headaches from it, and it isn't always the next morning; usually they come within and hour or two.
Impurities? Water, malt, hops, yeast, that's it. A brewery like Pabst, Miller, A-B, etc can use dozens of other substances to clarify, stabilize, enhance, etc and don't have to list them. My beer is clean as a whistle, no garbage. Would you rather eat a fresh walleye fillet caught out of a clean body of water by yourself, or a McDonalds Filet-O-Fish sandwich?
Some people react strongly to hops in an adverse way, and a typical homebrew has at least 3 to 10 time more per unit of volume than a macro-lager.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little different nature, but we make a strawberry/crannberry wine that is superb.. just never to make enough during hunting season..
I make a batch or two of wine and mead every year. I have an orange blossom honey/blackberry mead that is pretty tasty, and I make a traditional white and red wine each year. I buy surplus must ( unfermented grape juice ) through the homebrew store here in 6 gallons buckets from California. It's pretty easy to make. I currently have a Cabernet Sauvignon and a Pinot Grigio in house.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gathering Packers picks from most of the professional mock drafts out there I've come up with this register:

4 Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
3 Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College
3 Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech
2 Aqib Talib, CB Kansas
2 Sam Baker, OT USC
2 Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida
1 Keith Rivers, LB USC
1 Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
1 Reggie Smith, SS Oklahoma
1 Dustin Keller, TE Purdue
1 Jonathan Stewarts, RB Oregon
1 Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
1 Dan Connor, LB Penn State

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Hammer said:
bozz_2006 said:

Impurities? Water, malt, hops, yeast, that's it. A brewery like Pabst, Miller, A-B, etc can use dozens of other substances to clarify, stabilize, enhance, etc and don't have to list them. My beer is clean as a whistle, no garbage. Would you rather eat a fresh walleye fillet caught out of a clean body of water by yourself, or a McDonalds Filet-O-Fish sandwich?
Some people react strongly to hops in an adverse way, and a typical homebrew has at least 3 to 10 time more per unit of volume than a macro-lager.

I suppose it's probably the hops then.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
I make a batch or two of wine and mead every year. I have an orange blossom honey/blackberry mead that is pretty tasty, and I make a traditional white and red wine each year. I buy surplus must ( unfermented grape juice ) through the homebrew store here in 6 gallons buckets from California. It's pretty easy to make. I currently have a Cabernet Sauvignon and a Pinot Grigio in house.

Yum, Yum... I love a good wine, a juicy steak over an open flame and a fine merlot; small piece of heaven.

OP
OP
Aaronstory

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gathering Packers picks from most of the professional mock drafts out there I've come up with this register:

4 Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
3 Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College
3 Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech
2 Aqib Talib, CB Kansas
2 Sam Baker, OT USC
2 Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida
1 Keith Rivers, LB USC
1 Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
1 Reggie Smith, SS Oklahoma
1 Dustin Keller, TE Purdue
1 Jonathan Stewarts, RB Oregon
1 Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
1 Dan Connor, LB Penn State

I'd be shocked if they took Talib at this point. The kid is poison. Anyone on that list could be the pick, though I'd be shocked if they went QB in Round 1, unless Thompson thought the guy was a once-in-a-lifetime talent. No doubt whomever TT picks, some will like it, some will not, but it will be the best player on his board, regardless.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I've consumed beer with Mike Mayock.

Well then.. my only claim to fame is drinking said beer while watching Mike Mayock and the draft. :p

On topic.. I would almost book it that it will be one of the corners that are still on the board at 30.. unless Mendenhall starts sliding in the draft... Grant and Mendenhall with a splash of Jackson.. yikes.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough. It would be pretty easy to argue that any major will alter one's perception on the nature of human behavior, though. I know my science classes surely have changed my perception on reality itself, and throw in a little philosophy, sociology, etc. etc.

Believe me, the liberal art's guys ... get their fair share of the science courses as well. I find them interesting, although the science guys seem to be *****ing.

EDIT: Whats the chance you're related to Dr. Roger Dodd?

Members online

Latest posts