Maybe Ray Lewis

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumor has it that ray Lewis wants to be traded out of Baltimore, and the Ravens want to accomodate him on that wish. I gues the highest offer the ravens are getting at the moment is a second round pick. I don't see us giving up a second rounder for him but maybe a third or fourth and plastic man fergie, if AND ONLY IF Brett comes back. Otherwise forget it. Thoughts...should the pack make an offer or is ray too washed up?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will NOT give up any draft picks (IMHO). Lewis wants top money...he won't get it here. The draft is flush with really good LBers...we'll go that direction.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know a personality like Ray Lewis may be the thing that would get Bretts competitive juices going. It would also get Nick Barnett to move to the outside. I personally would like to see Lewis in G and G would give the team an attitude on D that has been missing for many years

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeh itd be nice to have him but i think it would cost too much for a player who is soon going over the hill

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lewis says that he wants out of Baltimore because he wants "Payton Manning Money"
He is on the down side of his career and is not the player that he once was. No one is going to give him that kind of money at this point.
I read that the Ravens quietly shopped him around before the start of last season and no one offered more than a 2nd round pick in return. He would be a good fit for a team that needs that one more player to get over the top but not to build the future around.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take him on our team...IF Favre comes back and as long as he is not too expinsive. Why not? We could put him at MLB and move Barnett over to the side.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're looking at cutting Diggs to free up cap room and "build for the future" why would you pay more for the crimminal who would not cooperate with authorities when a man is murdered in his limo before his eyes allegedly by one of his entourage?

Lewis will loudly proclaim he is not respected by whatever contract he signs. TED will not waste cap dollars on a guy who would disrupt the improved defensive chemistry built by Bates last year.

TED will not pay money for this character when this is reportedly the best draft in 10 years for LB's.

One other thing Magic 8 Ball. Just because ESPN likes loud mouthed fools to attempt to sell advertizing doesn't make the guy an improving player on the field.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Downside of career, looking for "prime time" money, a draft rich in linebackers.

I'll pass.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Downside of career, looking for "prime time" money, a draft rich in linebackers.

I'll pass.

This sums it up quite well. The only thing I might add would be:
Can you say HAWK!!!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce, if we stay at #5, I would be pleased as pie if we got either Hawk or Williams. Looks like a draft very rich in talent from top to bottom....should fill a lot of holes.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Bruce, if we stay at #5, I would be pleased as pie if we got either Hawk or Williams. Looks like a draft very rich in talent from top to bottom....should fill a lot of holes.

That is exactly where I am at. I would be delighted with Mario or A.J. and picking as high/early as we are in the 2nd is about the same as picking as the late 1st picks the Packers had for quite a number of seasons.

This is a deep draft with some great early picks -- and the Packers picking early. Add to that drafting is probably Ted Thompson's greatest asset and I feel good about the prospects of the 2006 draft. I only wish we had more picks, but certainly not anything to complain about in this area.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know DL are probably a more valued commodity than LB but I have a feeling that we will be regretting it for a long time if we pass on Hawk.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts