1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

May be the money, honey!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by digsthepack, Jul 16, 2008.

1. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard that the Packers have dedicated much of their extra cash, mush of which was Brett's previous salary, to provide contract extensions for some of their core veteran, and emerging younger players.

Face it, as a very young team littered with talent, we are going to start having to pay for it as these emerging players (Grant, Jennings, etc.) blossom, and established vets such as Tauscher are rewarded.

Food for thought.........

2. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting, the easy way out is to just release him.
    Sounds like Brett is ok with that, so why not?

3. Brooks87

Brooks87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just they got Grant signed asap..Hopefully before TC begins

4. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If they needed the money to sign key players they could've just ask Favre to restructure his contract. He said he was willing to do it for Randy Moss...

5. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Hmmm don't buy that one.. we have 30 million plus in cash reserves and after the draft picks sign.. we will still have 16 million in cap room after Brett's salary is added to the cap.

Unless I am mistaken in my interuptation of the cap and its allocations.

Not to mention.. the Cash Cow Brett is for merchandising and additional revenue..

6. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Plus there's a rule for having too much money available under the cap and the Packer's are pretty close. If they let Favre go they might even have to sign a couple players to reach the minimum cap expenditures.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is, we don't have a Randy Moss. What is a Randy Moss? Best player in the NFL at his position.