May 21, 2005 - The Way We Hear It...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THE WAY WE HEAR IT

Keep the eraser handy for that OL depth chart. Though veteran Grey Ruegamer would start at right guard if the season began today, team observers caution that there may be a training-camp shakeup.

Ruegamer, a modest but scrappy athlete, received almost all of the snaps at right guard in minicamp

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how it will shake out or who will start, but I feel a lot better about our line now than I did after Wahle and Rivera left. I think TT did a pretty good job of filling some holes and adding some depth. And if push comes to shove due to injuries or something, we have the versatility to move some guys around if need be. Plus, I like our O-line coach who seems to get the most out of his players. I think we'll be OK there.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree ArizonaPackerFAN, Your assessment of the packer LIne is correct. The Packers invested big bucks in OTs Tauscher & Clifton because they considered them core members of the Packer team. (Tackles are considered to be of greater value than guards and are pay more money! In the past , Packers lost Timmerman & Andruzzi both OG , and replaced them.
The Packers think, Wahle and Rivers will be replaced also by players on the Packer roster, as IPB Prez stated in his Post. A lot can happen between the start of summer camp and the first regular season game. Hopefully Flannegan is ready to go at center by the league opener. If not, that could mean Scott Wells in offensive line, possibly at center . Maybe Free Agents OGs Adrian Klemm- 6 yrs in N.F.L.. and or Matt O'Dwyer 11 yrs in N.F.L. might step up at get the starting jobs at OG. You just never know. I know both have had injuries, hopefully that is behind both of them. I don't think their injuries were to their knees. As Ted Thopson has said. Everybody has to earn a position on this team, nobody will be handed one!!