Max Mcaffrey signed to active Roster.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell me do you really want to see Max hit the field tomorrow? Is putting a practice squad player on the field going to get the Packers to the SB? I would think that rational people would say no and call the move what it is: desperation.
Special teams body. Lighten the load on Janis who should get more time at WR. Can this kid KR? PR? I don't expect him in 4 wide sets barring injury.

KevinR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Adams and GMo will play even if they are not 100%. You might hold them out in the regular season, but this is crunch time.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Adams concerns me more. From what ive read G-Mo wanted to practice and was held out. Probably just being smart with him. If we gotta go with T.Davis on the other side i am just fine with that. He is tall with 4.3 speed and will get nice matchups with what we have inside.

Reaction score
Special teams body. Lighten the load on Janis who should get more time at WR. Can this kid KR? PR? I don't expect him in 4 wide sets barring injury.
This makes sense. It could be an heavy passing game, especially due to the dynamic offenses and lackluster secondaries. We need to keep our WR fresh. I think this speaks to a hypothesis of seeing Janis sharing snaps as a 3rd or 4th Wideout. Even if he's not a primary target..They'll have to respect his speed and deep ball capabilities

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

What an idiotic move. Putting someone from the practice squad onto the active roster in the playoffs and especially at WR is complete nonsense. The chances of ******** up are too high and costing interception s are not worth the risk. If the Packers don't have any healthy receivers then Rodgers can throw the ball to himself. Really it's that ridiculous. Go with a one WR set and run the ball or bring in two full backs in the inverted wishbone but putting a practice squad WR on the roster is throwing in the towel. It's looks like bed wetting desperation.

There's absolutely no reason to overreact about this move like that. Tretter had surgery this week and wouldn't have been able to play today or in the Super Bowl therefore he was placed on injured reserve. It's possible McCaffrey isn't even active for the NFCCG but in case Nelson, Adams and Allison can't go the Packers at least have a guy on the roster who has played the position and has some knowledge about the system.

Well we have corners while we don't have a true runningback thats played on roster for full season.

Montgomery has performed on a way higher level at running back this season than any of the Packers cornerbacks at their position though.

McCaffrey returned a total of three punts for an average of 2.3 yards and no kickoffs during his college career. He doesn't seem to be a huge threat in that area. ;)

If we gotta go with T.Davis on the other side i am just fine with that. He is tall with 4.3 speed and will get nice matchups with what we have inside.

Unfortunately I don't have that much confidence in Davis who doesn't seem to enjoy the trust of the coaching staff or Rodgers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What an idiotic move. Putting someone from the practice squad onto the active roster in the playoffs and especially at WR is complete nonsense. The chances of ******** up are too high and costing interception s are not worth the risk. If the Packers don't have any healthy receivers then Rodgers can throw the ball to himself. Really it's that ridiculous. Go with a one WR set and run the ball or bring in two full backs in the inverted wishbone but putting a practice squad WR on the roster is throwing in the towel. It's looks like bed wetting desperation.
Did this guy play?

Latest posts