Max is back

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who is MM going to sit then? Adams, Cobb or Nelson? I'd he going to design some plays to feature Mac as the #1 read because he and Hundley have a rapport? Lol
Well judging by hundleys passing stats with Nelson, Adams, Cobb, bennett... I'd say we have to try something.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
he only got open and caught everything. why not?

I like Max, but we all have to realize that he was playing well in practice and in exhibition games against guys who many no longer even be in the NFL. I'm fine with him being back in GB, but I don't see him getting any playing time unless one of our 1-4 guys go down. Davis is locked in as the #5 WR due to his punt and kickoff returning job, so Janis is the only guy standing between Max and moving from the PS to the 53.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Max, but we all have to realize that he was playing well in practice and in exhibition games against guys who many no longer even be in the NFL. I'm fine with him being back in GB, but I don't see him getting any playing time unless one of our 1-4 guys go down. Davis is locked in as the #5 WR due to his punt and kickoff returning job, so Janis is the only guy standing between Max and moving from the PS to the 53.
Don't forget WR Michael Clark is also on the practice squad....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Don't forget WR Michael Clark is also on the practice squad....

I REALLY like Clark and if the Packers season spirals down, would love to see him get some playing time in the last quarter of the season. He is really green though and a year on the PS probably isn't a bad thing. I hope he really works hard in the off season, because I think he could be a big (6' 6") story in 2018.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps, but benching one of your best 3 receivers doesn't sound like the answer *****.

What if he turns out to be better than one of them? Who knows, unless you give him a chance? Heck, who would have figured a backup like Aaron Jones could show what he has?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What if he turns out to be better than one of them? Who knows, unless you give him a chance? Heck, who would have figured a backup like Aaron Jones could show what he has?
One benefit that might come out of a "losing season" (if that is where we end up heading) will be the ability for MM and Co. to start seeing what some of these younger guys can do. I can see a scenario where the last 3-4 games somewhat turns into exhibition type football for the Packers. They won't water it down that far, fans would be irate, but they will/should start playing some of the younger guys, with an eye to the future.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I REALLY like Clark and if the Packers season spirals down, would love to see him get some playing time in the last quarter of the season. He is really green though and a year on the PS probably isn't a bad thing. I hope he really works hard in the off season, because I think he could be a big (6' 6") story in 2018.
So who do you plan on waiving / trading to make a roster spot for these practice squad guys? PS guys cannot play in a game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
they could just put someone on IR if they really wanted to see him.

Was going to say......I am sure the IR will have at least 2-5 more players on it before this season is up. If nothing else, waive a guy that you have no interest in keeping around next year. Janis's contract expires this year, I don't see a compensatory coming our way for him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts