Maurice Drew for Marques Colston

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right, I'm heavy with average RB's, but we give points 4 return yards, so Drew is one of my highest -scoring at his position. A dude is heavy on WR's, so he wants to give me Colston for Drew straight across. With my wideouts being Jennings, Mason, B. Edwards, Lee Evans and Deon Branch, I'm pretty much desperate right now for another wideout. Oh yeah, and we start 3 WR's. Any advice on whether I should accept?

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
All right, I'm heavy with average RB's, but we give points 4 return yards, so Drew is one of my highest -scoring at his position. A dude is heavy on WR's, so he wants to give me Colston for Drew straight across. With my wideouts being Jennings, Mason, B. Edwards, Lee Evans and Deon Branch, I'm pretty much desperate right now for another wideout. Oh yeah, and we start 3 WR's. Any advice on whether I should accept?

That is a tough one. I personally have Colston in just about every league -- especially if it is on Yahoo!! where he is listed as both a WR and TE. He scores a lot more than the average 5 or 6 points that TEs normally get. The only problem with Drew is that you never know if Taylor is going to get the carries. Not knowing what Jennings' injury will do and his occasional 1 catch performances and never knowing if Mason and Branch will factor in their games in a given week, I think I would take it.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew has scored in his past three games I think. Never puts up big yardage, but usually finds the end zone. I think Drew might start to get the lion's share of the carries as the season progresses, so I probably wouldn't make that trade.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew's schedule after this week @ Philadelphia is Tennessee, Houston, N.Y. Giants, @Buffalo, @Miami, Indianapolis, @Tennessee, New England, @Kansas City

Colston's schedule after this week against Baltimore is @Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, @Atlanta, San Francisco, @Dallas, Washington, @N.Y. Giants, Carolina

Drew has some teams that he could really exploit on the ground (TN twice, Houston, Buffalo, Miami) but Colston has teams that you can throw on (TB, Pitts, Cin, Alt, SF, etc). I really don't know now which way I would go -- I guess it depends on your RB depth and how many you need to start.

Members online

Latest posts