1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Matt Roth

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packer4ever, Apr 13, 2005.

1. packer4ever

packer4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard on espn last night that the packers are expecting to take Roth as their first pick has anyone else heard anything about this?

2. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Roth, Poole, Frye and Burnett? have been the top 4 names I've seen linked to GB's pick @ 24. I think Roth will be a very solid NFL player; I am just not sure GB would use him to the best of his abilities? Like many of the other DEs in this draft, I think he might be better in a 3-4 system? However, the more I read and think about it, I believe Roth would be a very good pick for GB. Word is T. Davis is sliding down the board because of his tweener status and slow 40 times. He might be available w/ our 1st pick, but I doubt it. I'm sure most teams will try him @ SS and move him to LB if he proves to be too slow. If Roth and Davis, Burnett and Frye are on the board @ 24, I think GB should come away w/ a very good player. I'd like to see Roth in the 1st, Hopefully, Browner @ 51 and Frye possible @ 58. Then I think they can find a good LB in rds 3 and or 4.

P.S. PackerChatters.com has some very good draft discussions w/ some of the better NFL prognosticators. Very good insight @ who is valued where.

3. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Roth is a good player, but I just feel he's too much of a "clone" of Kampmann. I wonder if Davis could loose 10# and pick up some speed and quickness. This seems like a very different draft to me. I wouldn't even mind seeing the Pack trade out of this draft. Like if someone offered their 1 and 2 next year for our 1 this year.

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i know what you're saying but with the state our defense is in, i really don't think we can afford that.

5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I'd take Burnett first......

6. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Update question for the Kampman thread ---- related.....

Would Roth be "the guy" to replace Aaron?

7. packer4ever

packer4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Roth could fill the void that could possibly be left by Kampmen. Roth is basicallly a younger Kampmen, but with a lot more intensity. They are both homegrown Iowa boys need I say more.

8. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Roth reminds me alot of Kampmann. So much so that I don't see Roth being that much of an improvement over Kampmann. If we take him I sure hope I'm wrong and that he's much better. By the way, Roth is from Illinois.