Matt Millen: I hope John Elway does better than I did

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
As a former player with no personnel experience getting the keys to an NFL franchise, John Elway is in exclusive company. There’s really only one recent example of the same thing happening, and that was Matt Millen’s tenure running the Detroit Lions. Broncos fans, be afraid. Be very afraid. Mike Klis of the Denver Post…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than Ozzie, has any former great player done well in management?

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Millen single-handedly destroyed the Lions through his 'brilliant' draft day decisions... but some blame has to be given to the Fords who allowed this lummox to remain in a position of power for so long.

The ONLY fond memory I have of Millen was back when he was a Raiders linebacker. The Raiders had just finished a game with the Patriots when Millen saw 'some guy' arguing and taking a swing at Howie Long in the game tunnel. Millen walked up and clobbered the 'guy' with his helmet. It was the equivalent of an ogre squashing a leprechaun. The 'guy' he hit was none other than former Patriots GM, Patrick Sullivan (son of the Patriots owner too). Patriot fans actually laughed about this as Sullivan was unpopular amongst the Patriots and their fans. I still have a newspaper clipping of the picture and article because it was so funny. lol

Sullivan would walk just behind the opposing teams bench and heckle the players and call them names and generally **** them off. This helmet-to-head shot was well deserved and a long time coming!

Enjoy!

~Val

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Millen single-handedly destroyed the Lions through his 'brilliant' draft day decisions... but some blame has to be given to the Fords who allowed this lummox to remain in a position of power for so long.

The ONLY fond memory I have of Millen was back when he was a Raiders linebacker. The Raiders had just finished a game with the Patriots when Millen saw 'some guy' arguing and taking a swing at Howie Long in the game tunnel. Millen walked up and clobbered the 'guy' with his helmet. It was the equivalent of an ogre squashing a leprechaun. The 'guy' he hit was none other than former Patriots GM, Patrick Sullivan (son of the Patriots owner too). Patriot fans actually laughed about this as Sullivan was unpopular amongst the Patriots and their fans. I still have a newspaper clipping of the picture and article because it was so funny. lol

Sullivan would walk just behind the opposing teams bench and heckle the players and call them names and generally **** them off. This helmet-to-head shot was well deserved and a long time coming!

Enjoy!

~Val

And people wonder why I am fond of the raiders...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts