Matt LaFleur succeeds by setting tone for young staff and team

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...eds-setting-tone-young-staff-team/2807837001/

This is a really good read. Gives a lot of insight into the mindset that LaFleur has brought to the table. Open mindedness, give and take, being specific about roles and expectations, etc.

It’s early on, and I know that we have our first playoff game in the LaFleur era upcoming. And I know he has made a lot of mistakes, and has went through some growing pains even though it doesn’t necessarily reflect on the dominant win/loss tally.

But I continue to find myself more and more impressed with the vision that he has laid out. I think we could have a gem of a head coach and leader for quite a while to come.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...eds-setting-tone-young-staff-team/2807837001/

This is a really good read. Gives a lot of insight into the mindset that LaFleur has brought to the table. Open mindedness, give and take, being specific about roles and expectations, etc.

It’s early on, and I know that we have our first playoff game in the LaFleur era upcoming. And I know he has made a lot of mistakes, and has went through some growing pains even though it doesn’t necessarily reflect on the dominant win/loss tally.

But I continue to find myself more and more impressed with the vision that he has laid out. I think we could have a gem of a head coach and leader for quite a while to come.
I gave you an informative but also wish I could give a like and agree. Thanks, great read and insight into our coach.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know anything about him basically when we hired him...but found out shortly from friends that knew him from Central Michigan or his time locally at Notre Dame that you couldn't ask for a better man who was a born leader.

The interesting thing I remember one guy said stuck with me, unlike many football coaches or leaders MLF is quick to acknowledge mistakes, will never hide them and will own more of them than he is probably due.

I've enjoyed seeing him take on the unknown this season, and cannot wait until he hits a stride and so does the team hopefully.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know anything about him basically when we hired him...but found out shortly from friends that knew him from Central Michigan or his time locally at Notre Dame that you couldn't ask for a better man who was a born leader.

The interesting thing I remember one guy said stuck with me, unlike many football coaches or leaders MLF is quick to acknowledge mistakes, will never hide them and will own more of them than he is probably due.

I've enjoyed seeing him take on the unknown this season, and cannot wait until he hits a stride and so does the team hopefully.

A person who is honest with themselves and can acknowledge mistakes is the best person to CORRECT these mistakes and this may be one of the main reasons he has been so successful so quickly.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He definitely has a People (players) first approach, and listens, and owns up to his own mistakes. He also makes necessary adjustments in game and week to week which i've liked.

Ironically, those are necessary qualities to do well in anything not just coaching honestly

Members online

Latest posts