Matt Flynn

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
These videos are proof that Flynn is the best.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Flynn kills with his bare hands

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Nice turkey, but I LOL at the guy with the poor attempt at face paint. ......and where was that bird taken, do you know? Swampy area makes it look down south.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On my drive from Milwaukee to Minneapolis on Sunday, I counted a ton of turkeys along the interstate and pecking for food in the hills. They are everywhere

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Flynn signs with the Giants for $1M or so, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

After everything we went through last year, there's no reason not to bring Flynn back for cheap.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if you listen to captain gloom in the other thread, the Packers are in cap hell and couldn't even afford to pay Flynn $1 :D

D

Deleted member 6794

Well if you listen to captain gloom in the other thread, the Packers are in cap hell and couldn't even afford to pay Flynn $1 :D

I´m quite sure TT wants to sign him for the veterans minimum, which would result in a cap hit of only $570K.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and I think this is the right move. Let Flynn see that there isn't much of a market for him and then sign him to the vet minimum, assuming that he's willing to accept that offer. However, I do think that Flynn is worth slightly more to us than the minimum

D

Deleted member 6794

...and I think this is the right move. Let Flynn see that there isn't much of a market for him and then sign him to the vet minimum, assuming that he's willing to accept that offer. However, I do think that Flynn is worth slightly more to us than the minimum

I´m afraid the Giants could be really interested in bringing him in as his QB coach from last season in Ben McAdoo is their offensive coordinator.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´m afraid the Giants could be really interested in bringing him in as his QB coach from last season in Ben McAdoo is their offensive coordinator.
It's okay. We've got Tolzien and likely some scrap heap UFA and the draft. I think TT will sign him. It's ashame it has to come this level of cheapness--He bailed out GB last year and should be given an offer. IMO, I hate IMO, Flynn is much more important than Kuhn.

Please don't call me a Flynn apologist.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My normal response to possibly letting Flynn sign elsewhere would be that the coaching staff must be seeing a vast improvement in Tolzien this offseason. However, they were so off-based in their assessments of Harrell and Coleman that I remain suspicious of their assessments going forward. Tolzien seemed like he had the tools but just not the knowledge and comfort in our system to compete in a game yet. That said, we know that Flynn can win in Rodger's absence and that pushes me to want him back. McCarthy could be doing the hard sell of Tolzien on TT, saying that he will be much better than Harrell or Coleman and is capable of being Rodger's backup in 2014.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy could be doing the hard sell of Tolzien on TT, saying that he will be much better than Harrell or Coleman and is capable of being Rodger's backup in 2014.

I´ve got the impression that McCarthy wants to have Flynn back while TT is confident Tolzien will be a capable backup.

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never been a fan of Flynn......yeah he had that great game against Detroit and New England....other than that, especially the last couple of years (even with other teams), nothing jumps out at me. However, nowadays, quality back-ups are a rarity and you can't be caught with your pants down like we did last year. A lot of it has to do with practice......most of these guys never get to work with the first string offense, so when they do have to come in, timing is horrible and they lose their confidence fairly quickly. IMO Tolzien showed some promise and if someone can tutor him correctly, may make a palpable back-up. I think he has a better arm than Flynn.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never been a fan of Flynn......yeah he had that great game against Detroit and New England....other than that, especially the last couple of years (even with other teams), nothing jumps out at me. However, nowadays, quality back-ups are a rarity and you can't be caught with your pants down like we did last year. A lot of it has to do with practice......most of these guys never get to work with the first string offense, so when they do have to come in, timing is horrible and they lose their confidence fairly quickly. IMO Tolzien showed some promise and if someone can tutor him correctly, may make a palpable back-up. I think he has a better arm than Flynn.

Sounds more or less exactly what we thought about Graham Harrell.

I'm not saying Tolzien can't make it, but watching him at Wisconsin, there was certainly nothing that stood out to me to suggest he was going to make it in the NFL, much less be a quality backup.

Here's what stands out about Flynn to me: 16 TD's and 2,343 yards in 7 career starts for us. That shows me that he can step in at a moment's notice and be a quality backup for Rodgers, and that he has proven it. Not maybe, if someone can tutor him correctly, might possibly be okay. Is, and has been, a quality backup for us.

That's all I really care about for our backup QB position. I don't care if Tolzien has a stronger arm, and really, I don't even care if his upside is higher. We don't need a project backup QB in Green Bay. We need a guy who can step in for a few games and at least give us a chance to win if our worst case scenario happens again.

We found that out last year, and frankly I'm almost a little shocked that we aren't all in agreement on this, especially for the minimal cost of this investment.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

I'm not saying Tolzien can't make it, but watching him at Wisconsin, there was certainly nothing that stood out to me to suggest he was going to make it in the NFL, much less be a quality backup.

Here's what stands out about Flynn to me: 16 TD's and 2,343 yards in 7 career starts for us. That shows me that he can step in at a moment's notice and be a quality backup for Rodgers, and that he has proven it. Not maybe, if someone can tutor him correctly, might possibly be okay. Is, and has been, a quality backup for us.

That's all I really care about for our backup QB position. I don't care if Tolzien has a stronger arm, and really, I don't even care if his upside is higher. We don't need a project backup QB in Green Bay. We need a guy who can step in for a few games and at least give us a chance to win if our worst case scenario happens again.

We found that out last year, and frankly I'm almost a little shocked that we aren't all in agreement on this, especially for the minimal cost of this investment.

PERFECTLY SAID !!!! I agree 100%
I don't understand the issue with not getting him signed.....??? wtf??

H

HardRightEdge

Either (1) there is a disagreement over money or (2) Flynn is holding out on signing to see if he can latch on somewhere where he'll get a chance to compete for a starting job or (3) both of the above.

Members online

Latest posts