Matt Flynn

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers should get a Matt Schaub like deal for Flynn... two 2nd round picks at a minimum.

I would like to think that if Carson Palmer is worth a first and second round pick, Flynn could be had for a first round pick. That would be ideal so that the Packers could address the defensive line and outside linebacker in the first round.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Peter King on Flynn today:

Now onto Flynn. Imagine the value of a 26-year-old unrestricted free agent quarterback in a market with four quarterback-needy teams (Indianapolis, Miami, Washington, Seattle and maybe Cleveland) who won't all be able to move up to get one of the two quarterbacks expected to go very high in the draft -- Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. That brings us to Flynn. He'll either be a free agent and get to choose whatever team he wants, or have the franchise tag put on him by the Packers and be traded in March or April to the team that likes him the most. My early money's on Washington or Seattle. The Redskins have to have a quarterback if Mike Shanahan is going to have any chance to win, and Seattle GM John Schneider worked for the Pack when Flynn was drafted by Green Bay. But we'll see.

"That's an easy trap to fall into, to be thinking about that right now, but I can't let my mind wander to that, because I love this team too much, and this team has been too good to me,'' Flynn told me after his masterpiece against the Lions. He threw for more yards (480) and touchdowns (six) than any passer in the storied history of the franchise. "I have to be focused on doing whatever I can to help this team win now. So I won't let myself get caught in that.''

Flynn called it "humbling, unbelievable,'' to have played the game he did. "It just got to be a shootout,'' he said of the 45-41 Packer win. "During the week, I had a feeling I might play, and [coach] Mike McCarthy just said to me, 'We're going for it.' We were going to do whatever it took to win with the players who were playing. Aaron [Rodgers] really helped me. The history of developing quarterbacks really helped me, because I've learned to prepare like a starter, and I've learned to physically mimic him as much as possible because he does everything so well.''

Flynn now has started two games in the last two seasons, and you can bet sometime soon (maybe this week) Shanahan and his peers in Miami and Seattle and Cleveland will be putting on the tape of these games:

Opponent Completions-Attempts Completion % Yards TD-Int Rating
New England, 24-37 64.7% 251 3-1 100.2​
Detroit, 31-44 70.5% 480 6-1 136.4​
Total 55-81 67.9% 731 9-2 123.0

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While North Korea tries to develop a nuke, the US govt is developing Matt Flynn.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Matt Flynn revives the Raiders he is planning on taking up baseball and reviving the cubs

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt Flynn was born May 6th, 1945. The Nazis surrendered May 7th, 1945. Coincidence! I think not

H

HardRightEdge

Why the hate? There should be some pity for the guy, going into a thankless rebuilding regime where he has few weapons. He does have a good young center snapping him the ball, a TE who can catch and a gimpy RB. I guess that's a start.

I still believe he has Hasselbeck-level potential. We may never find out if he has a David Carr season, ruined as a player by incessant pounding and losing.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What has Matt Flynn done to deserve all of this stuff ??? I guess we don't see everything over here.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What has Matt Flynn done to deserve all of this stuff ??? I guess we don't see everything over here.
Nothing, just that some posters on this board started to give him some love. It grew from there kind of like any other mindless fad. What did you do with YOUR pet rock?

H

HardRightEdge

I don't think you're missing much.

There was no doubt heated debate during Flynn's free agency as to whether he was a bum or was deserving of the Seattle contract. It looks like the bum contingent wants to share an "I told you so" moment.

Further, if somebody in the bum contingent also happened to be a Wisconsin Badger / Russell Wilson fan, Flynn's perceived failure would be that much sweeter for them.

It looks like one poster thinks Flynn should have recognized his limitations and re-signed with the Packers for peanuts. That, of course, is illogical.

The soundest criticism of Flynn should come from the reports that the Seahawks were pissed at Flynn because they felt he had not sufficiently studied the playbook prior to camp. They jumped to Wilson in very short order as a result. McKenzie certainly has direct experience with Flynn's work ethic from shared time in GB and wouldn't have signed him if he had concerns in that regard.

Flynn is like Kolb going to Buffalo and other similar moves. They are transitional QBs until proven otherwise. Without quality 2013 seasons, these guys will be on the bubble if the team records are bad enough to get a franchise QB in the draft.

As far as I'm concerned, the book on Flynn is open. We'll see if he can get anything done now that he's a starter somewhere. The cards are stacked against him with the weak roster.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I like the guy, I hope he has success with the raiders. He has a starting job now, and maybe this will be a time for him to prove himself. He should be an improvement over what the raiders have had in the past few years.....

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
???????????
The Packers did not re sign Matt Flynn because Matt wanted to spread his message to the four corners. He now is at the second corner. Expect a Florida team next contract.

Oakland is a CORNER? hahaha

Flynn wasn't so much a failure in Seattle as a victim of Wilson's success. I think he will do OK in Oakland.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matt flynns job is to populate the us 1 football city at a time. Women can't resist his charm

H

HardRightEdge

The inverse "your mama is so fat...." routine in the first ten pages of this thread is pretty darn funny. It's also kind of amusing how it screeeeeeeched to a halt and flipped to Flynn trade talk after the 6 TD game.

ivo just can't get enough. He was in his element.

Members online

Latest posts