1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Matt Flynn

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Dec 12, 2010.

1. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    If not for the INT he would have.

Brady 110.2
    Flynn 100.2

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    That's what I feared. Teams would be watching the game eyeing up Flynn to see how he does. Of course he played brilliantly so I wouldn't be surprised if he got some offers. Not a bad thing for Flynn but I hope he stays here in GB.

I can't praise Flynn enough. I love the way he came out there and just made play after play. That TD pass to Jones, wow! Big smile from Aaron was sweet. I like this QB. I like how he is in the huddle, he obviously loves the game. Very proud of him for stepping up in a tough situation. I feel for him losing it in the last seconds of the game. He doesn't have the playbook in his head yet, it was only a matter of time before something like that happened. Still, his performance in the rest of the 59 minutes of the game are enough for me. Seeing the looks on the Pats faces as the Pack lead most of the game was priceless! Go Flynn!!! This was a win for you in many ways!

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I hope we trade him on draft day and use the picks to fix the o line, or draft Woodsons replacement.

4. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

5. BoilerUp

BoilerUp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9

This! I felt AWFUL for him after that. He was so giddy and laughing like Aaron is and I love seeing that. But seem him so down after that crushed me. And then Collinsworth or whatever his name was like "it was only a matter of time before the wheel came crashing off" or something like that and I wanted to punch him right through the tv.

Hahahahaha and did anyone else catch him doing the champion belt as well!!

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I thought Flynn was so good that there was no difference in whether Rodgers played or not because Flynn was every bit as good as Rodgers would've been... until the last play. Rodgers would've handled that a lot better.

But honestly, Flynn was Rodgers. Outside of the pick, which honestly might've been more on Jones than Flynn.

7. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Rodgers2Finley4TDs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    I don't wanna trade Flynn. I want a good backup

8. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    He only has a year left on his contract. Unless you can convince him to settle for being a career backup, you have to either trade him or he becomes a free agent. It's the same thing we did with Brunell, Hass, and Nall. They all got traded going into the final years of their contracts. Harrell looks pretty good. We'll be fine.

9. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I don't think you can say Flynn=Rodgers, but one thing you can say about the kid is he's got ice in his veins. Never a sign of panic or anything. He's a very cerebral player, much like Rodgers. He's going to be an excellent QB for someone.

Hey, here's a radical idea: Let's trade Rodgers for Carolina's #1 and #2 pick and draft DaQuan Bowers and an OL with the 2nd rounder. Could you imagine our defense with that monster rushing the pass opposite Matthews? WOW!

I'm jesting, of course, but if we really could get a #1 (Bowers) and #2 for him, I think I could probably live with it.

BTW, where are the blowhards who were declaring that Flynn didn't belong in the NFL last week? Where'd they go?

10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I remember Harrell looking like **** in the preseason. Maybe I'm wrong.

11. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,405
    i was impressed by flynn and impressed that our running game helped him out so that we didnt have to throw every play

12. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Ratings:
    +16
    Harrell? are you kidding me? ahahhaha no. I want Flynn and only Flynn.

13. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Well it's not going to happen. Either we trade him and get something for him, or he's a free agent after next year. I'd rather get something for him. Good backups don't stay good backups for long.

14. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Brunell and Hasselbeck didn't have as much exposure, somebody is going to offer too much to keep him I'm afraid.

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Oh you mean that dominated the early part of this thread? Yeah they are still around, they just dont wanna bring it up since they trashed him. I wish some people would admit it and eat crow

16. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    At this point, his tendency to throw back-breaking interceptions reminds me of another young QB we once had. If he can get over those, he looks like he'll be around the league for quite some time.

17. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    This is a high-class (good) problem. It is the best possible outcome. We invest a 7th round pick and have a solid backup for 3 years. After 3 years, we get a high draft pick for that player.

Imagine if we can get a bookend for Clay Matthews with this pick.

18. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    Imagine further that MM develops Graham Harrell to be the next Matt Flynn.
    Same type of player I think, stud in college, not highly thought of in draft, but a winner at heart.

19. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Problem with Harrell is at TT he is no more than a systems QB. I hope you're right but I don't think it is close to likely. If anything, hopefully he can develop to an OK 3 guy but I don't expect much or hope to see him in any game.

20. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

21. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    I get that, but a system QB can flourish in a system right? I mean, our passing attack is a system. I'm not talking about making him a star, but the last game proves that QBs can be somewhat productive in this system.
    No matter how you slice it, he has to make those throws at TT right? Flynn beat out Brohm so why can't Harrel be the next Flynn? It's not as crazy as it sounds.

22. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    Also, I think it's unlikely we find a replacement for CM3 with the pick we get for him, the point of it was that we said "imagine"
    One can hope right?

23. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    Not a replacement ... someone on the other side as an OLB

24. Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Ratings:
    +16
    They aren't the same at all. I have no faith in Harrell

25. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445
    Not a problem, I'll have faith for you.
    I don't mind being wrong about having faith in a player, but usually I'm on target.
    If I'm right it's good for both of us right?