Matchups: Week 1 greenbay VS bears

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears will run with Thomas Jones. Grossman will suck it up as the starting QB.

The Pack have two rookies starting at guard. Ahman Green won't get big yards against this defense. Favre will be more patient unless he gets hit too much early on.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really if anyone is looking for a well played game they're be a fool. This is going to be the most boring game to watch. Both offenses won't move the ball well. Neither team will make big plays. It's going to come down to kicking. I like Chicago 12-6 in this game. Maybe a turnover causes a TD.

BoydAvery

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
Bears will run with Thomas Jones. Grossman will suck it up as the starting QB.

The Pack have two rookies starting at guard. Ahman Green won't get big yards against this defense. Favre will be more patient unless he gets hit too much early on.

No doubt Favre is going to feel some heat.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Really if anyone is looking for a well played game they're be a fool. This is going to be the most boring game to watch. Both offenses won't move the ball well. Neither team will make big plays. It's going to come down to kicking. I like Chicago 12-6 in this game. Maybe a turnover causes a TD.

Yeep.. that's why I predicted that the Packers' and the Bears' scores combined will be 15.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game Key for the Bears to win: Hit Favre early. Shake him.

This game is determine by one thing. Favre. If he plays well, Packers will win. That also means that if he fires a 15yd missle that should be caught, it must be caught. The Bears will win if there are deflections at the line or passes that bounce off of receivers hands. Bears Offense has not been able to run at all this preseason. Rex has to prove that he can win a game, otherwise I will take Orton not losing the games.

I look for the game tempo to be set on the second and third possesions of GB.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
calicheesehead said:
4thand26 said:

This philosophy has brought out the best in Favre.

Yes, 1996 Favre. NOT 2005 Favre.

haha good point

i think its all on the run game, favre is favre. without a run game they can sit back and pick him off all day or blitz and make him throw bad passes.

if we get any kind of a run game going and come out with a little attitude i think we will score 14-17 points. then all we gotta do is let grossman do the work for us.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
4thand26 said:
calicheesehead said:
4thand26 said:

haha good point

i think its all on the run game, favre is favre. without a run game they can sit back and pick him off all day or blitz and make him throw bad passes.

if we get any kind of a run game going and come out with a little attitude i think we will score 14-17 points. then all we gotta do is let grossman do the work for us.

Nice Packnic. You sure you're not a Bear's fan?

Don't you mean without an o-line, a running game, and receiving corps there's not much that the Pack can do?

Oh, but we won't talk about that because TT ***** gumdrops and leaps rainbows in your eyes, and the Packers are supposed to win and be competitive starting a bunch of rookies.

Sorry Brett, but TT hung you out to dry again this year, and you're going to get foolish posts and comments like this from the so called Packer "fans" out there who really sound like Bear fans.

It's going to be a looooong year!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
The betting line:

Bears 3.5 points

Over/Under 35 points

CaliforniaCheez advice- bet the under.

I think that the Over/Under for 35 is points that Favre will throw - both to the offense and the defense. The actual Over/Under is 38 - the extra three is from Rex's lone scoring drive.

:D

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Packnic said:
4thand26 said:
calicheesehead said:
4thand26 said:

haha good point

Nice Packnic. You sure you're not a Bear's fan?

Don't you mean without an o-line, a running game, and receiving corps there's not much that the Pack can do?

Oh, but we won't talk about that because TT ***** gumdrops and leaps rainbows in your eyes, and the Packers are supposed to win and be competitive starting a bunch of rookies.

Sorry Brett, but TT hung you out to dry again this year, and you're going to get foolish posts and comments like this from the so called Packer "fans" out there who really sound like Bear fans.

It's going to be a looooong year!

Nobody even mentioned TT on this thread yet you still need to bring him up. Let's stay on topic and talk about the Bears @ Packers.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said,
haha good point

Porky,

Packnic made a judgement about the game, and I corrected him. Things don't happen in a vacuum you know. There are alot of factors involved, and i take offense when a Packer fan makes a post that sounds an awful lot like a Bear fan.

Based on his statement, he's admitting that the receivers can't get open. That could be because of two things--coaching or talent. If it's talent...then it's on TT as well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Packnic said,
haha good point

Porky,

Packnic made a judgement about the game, and I corrected him. Things don't happen in a vacuum you know. There are alot of factors involved, and i take offense when a Packer fan makes a post that sounds an awful lot like a Bear fan.

Based on his statement, he's admitting that the receivers can't get open. That could be because of two things--coaching or talent. If it's talent...then it's on TT as well.

Disagree with him but it's getting really annoying that every topic turns into an assessment of Ted Thompson. I’d like to hear more thoughts on what people think of Bears @ Packers and not what people think of TT.

Don't worry TA, we know what you think of him. :wink:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key is not to turn the ball over.

Chicago was 5-1 in the division last year but gave up 320 yards per game.
They were 5-1 because the forced 2.7 turnovers per division game.

Where they averaged allowing 14 points a game for the year they gave up over 26 points per game the last three when they picked up only 1.7 turnovers.

It looks like the number of yards they were giving up caught up with them at the end of last year when they didn't get the turnovers.

Last years games were classic Bears wins. We pushed them all over the place but turnovers bit us in the ***.

We win the turnover battle. We win the game.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd still stake 2005 Favre over all. So please try to rattle him and shake him. He's not going to drop a knee on 3 consecutive plays for the weekly Ryan workout. You want a gamer or Kitna?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I know is this game to me is huge cause if we can pull it off there's no reason why we can't get off to a good streak as the Bears are probably the hardest game until Philly. If you think of the momentum either way it may be a bit over the top but it COULD set the tone for the whole season.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree

this game i think has huge potential

if we win, we gain tons of confidence which is huge for a young team, and the rest of the schedule is downhill from there. wed have a much better chance at above .500

we lose, it will be hard to tell where you stand

Members online

Latest posts