Mason Crosby

H

HardRightEdge

Baffling statement, given that he was 6 for 6 after Dec. 16 last year
It was you who posted his career stats at bad weather stadiums, so it should hardly be baffling to you. It had not dawned on me that Crosby is a dome kicker until you did.

6 is not as statistically significant as a career record over 6 years.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby went 5/5 last Sunday, winning NFC Special-Teams player of the week and keeping his perfect % for the year. He's got a ways to go yet in the year, but it's not too early to revisit this is it?

H

HardRightEdge

Crosby went 5/5 last Sunday, winning NFC Special-Teams player of the week and keeping his perfect % for the year. He's got a ways to go yet in the year, but it's not too early to revisit this is it?
Crosby's stroke has been impressive. His tempo and rhythm look pure. The ball is exploding off his foot and down the middle with relative effortlessness. He's in the zone.

Yet, I don't think I'd ever want to call him "cured". First off, he's in his 7th. year following 6 years of inconsistency. I doubt his stripes have permanently changed. He he did have that one hot streak...what was it...22 of 23 from late 2010 to early 2011? He's certainly capable of repeating that the way he's kicking now.

I would also point out that Crosby's career road record in cold weather cities is pretty dismal...in the 55ish% range according to the poster GoPGo, which I took at face value in the above posts, though I can't verify that number. So we'll need to what happens when it isn't a balmy 60 degrees with light winds. Also his clutch record has never been very good...a small handful of important kicks with, I believe, only one make back in 2010.

Right now we're getting more than we paid for with his salary cut this off season. We should enjoy his streak while it lasts. I believe in the final analysis we'll need it this season.

From a fantasy perspective, Crosby is like a speculative stock...when he's hot he's hot, and when he's cold he's very cold. I wouldn't go in for him unless you need to play catch up.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm happy for the guy. Whatever creeped into his stride last year was probably tougher on him than us.

One qualifier though ... last year, he started 8 out of 8. Then, the feces hit the oscillator.

Members online

Latest posts