Mason Crosby interveiw about Rodgers's leadership.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was good Fred. I live on the west coast so Packer news is not exactly prominent here. I love that you all put this stuff up or I would never see it. Big old thanks to you all.

Reaction score
Yeah Mason is a class act. He’s been great for GB
Martellus is understandably angry and disturbed with the rest of us and saying some stuff in jest.

Interestingly I was listening to my usual array of my favorite Pastors tonight ... Tony Evans from Dallas and the late Billy Graham (I’ve almost said Jimmy Graham 3 times today by accident!)
Interesting they were just talking about technology and where it was going and how they have equipment that can be used to listen to people from a mile or more away. But Billy was saying that God records everything, even our thoughts and motives and careless words. We will very soon each be held accountable for how our words and actions defiled us. It reminded me to not harshly attack anyone with speech because it will be held to account, even if we were in the right or deserving to attack or defend ourselves. A student is not above his teacher.

The best thing we can do is pray for one another and be extra kind and defend one another (yes even those who attack us). I’ve fallen bait to lash back and I regret that.
I just about fell bait to attacking Martellus Bennett.. but that’s exactly what the Father of Lies wants and I don’t worship a liar. I’d prefer to put my energy in saying positive things and verbiage that promotes healing and compassion.

True leadership takes a narrow path of forgiving not just our friends or family, but those folks we don’t even know. People at the World Trade Center on 911 didn’t ask one another which church we went to or which sports team we liked. They definitely didn’t focus on race that day.
Maybe 9/11 had a silver lining after all and I kinda miss those days immediately after where we all just came together. Maybe all tragedy is really a wake up call with a silver lining.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I literally made a post regarding this in the Rodgers performance section. ._.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well according to the time stamp I was first so I'm not sure what you are getting at....
That I thought this thread wasn't necessary as I posted this in Aaron Rodgers performance thread earlier prior to when you made this is all.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That I thought this thread wasn't necessary as I posted this in Aaron Rodgers performance thread earlier prior to when you made this is all.
And my point was I posted this a day earlier than you.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And my point was I posted this a day earlier than you.
I see my mistake. I thought you made this on the same day as I made that post in the other thread. Please accept my apologies. That was a blunder on my end.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see my mistake. I thought you made this on the same day as I made that post in the other thread. Please accept my apologies. That was a blunder on my end.
Don't worry about it it's a simple mistake no big deal.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[mod hat on] Let's tone the emotions and language down a bit shall we. This is not the forum for this. [/moderation]

Just deleted the post. I'll just say not a fan of how of how that person treats people. I'll gladly just stick to football on here as it should be. There's enough divisiveness on other sites/platforms and I don't want to be the guy that starts that on here. Thanks for doing that.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just deleted the post. I'll just say not a fan of how of how that person treats people. I'll gladly just stick to football on here as it should be. There's enough divisiveness on other sites/platforms and I don't want to be the guy that starts that on here. Thanks for doing that.
All part of the service. Gotta work now and then in return for your fees.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a Bennett fan and think his comments are out of line and unnecessary. Yet, it could be true that Rodgers didn't say much last time
Rodgers has gone through a lot of changes about what he believes and how he views the world. Honestly a lot of people are much more vocal now than they were a couple years ago. So Bennett could be right about history while being very wrong about the present

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a Bennett fan and think his comments are out of line and unnecessary. Yet, it could be true that Rodgers didn't say much last time
Rodgers has gone through a lot of changes about what he believes and how he views the world. Honestly a lot of people are much more vocal now than they were a couple years ago. So Bennett could be right about history while being very wrong about the present
Regardless whether Rodgers wasn't as vocal about it or not, the fact is what Rodgers said regarding the matter early last week was well on point, and it was good for someone of his stature to speak out on the issue. What Bennett did was completely unnecessary and kinda feels counterproductive considering they're supposed to be on the same side regarding the matter at hand.

garyhogeboomsghost

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so the place kicker things he is a great leader? well that's super. I am sure the water boy also thinks A-Rod ranks right up there with General MacArthur. How about the guys who actually play with him...like the wr's he throws to or TE's he throws to....or the OL who block for him...oh wait, those are the guys who have actually called him out for being a diva and a hypocrite and a phony. The guys who actually take the field with him play after play after pay and who are in the huddle with him. But hey, the place kicker and the water boy both think he is a great leader, so must be. Funny how, as Bennett pointed out, AROD's own parents dislike him....who knows him and what and who he REALLY is better than them? but nah, I am sure the place kicker knows AROD much better than his parents or the guys who are in the huddle with him every play.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so the place kicker things he is a great leader? well that's super. I am sure the water boy also thinks A-Rod ranks right up there with General MacArthur. How about the guys who actually play with him...like the wr's he throws to or TE's he throws to....or the OL who block for him...oh wait, those are the guys who have actually called him out for being a diva and a hypocrite and a phony. The guys who actually take the field with him play after play after pay and who are in the huddle with him. But hey, the place kicker and the water boy both think he is a great leader, so must be. Funny how, as Bennett pointed out, AROD's own parents dislike him....who knows him and what and who he REALLY is better than them? but nah, I am sure the place kicker knows AROD much better than his parents or the guys who are in the huddle with him every play.

I'd love for you to compile a list of Packers who have apparently called out Rodgers - excluding the obvious ones like Jennings and Finley.

Why am I even engaging with someone who's on the side of Martellus Bennett?? No offense

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score

I would consider it a great service to both myself and perhaps the Packerforum community at large if you could list the individuals and/or positions on the team whose opinions do not matter. It is obvious that you think kickers and by association, punters & long snappers would fall into this list. What about nickel backs? After all, "Not worth a plugged nickel" may also apply to persons and not just coinage or does a DB need to be constipated "Plugged" before his opinion does not count? I'm not sure about the linebackers either as anyone who goes by Sam, Will, and Mike instead of their real names just cannot be trusted. Is there a degree of opinion quality related to position on the depth chart? Is it a simple progression that a second stringer's opinion counts as 1/2 and a third string as 1/3 or something more exotic? Just don't tell me it involves differential equations. Do practice squad players even get a say or can they only practice their opinions kind of like moot court for law school students?

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right...Because all parents are good and could do nothing wrong in regards to straining their relationship with their children...
Funny how Rodgers' family called him out publicly while Rodgers hasn't said a word about them. Who's the classy one here?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do you guys engage a person who is obviously here for one reason?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love for you to compile a list of Packers who have apparently called out Rodgers - excluding the obvious ones like Jennings and Finley.

Why am I even engaging with someone who's on the side of Martellus Bennett?? No offense
Yeah my memory is not great, but I don’t recall a current teammate ever calling out Rodgers. Finley and Jennings? Who cares?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless whether Rodgers wasn't as vocal about it or not, the fact is what Rodgers said regarding the matter early last week was well on point, and it was good for someone of his stature to speak out on the issue. What Bennett did was completely unnecessary and kinda feels counterproductive considering they're supposed to be on the same side regarding the matter at hand.

I agree with this. Mainly just saying he could be right about Rodgers a couple years back. At the same time Bennett's comments make no sense.

venkyszone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I remember Rodgers actually supported the packers holding hands together even though they were booed. Bennett is just another burnt out player trying to get some attention by going after a high profile QB.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I remember Rodgers actually supported the packers holding hands together even though they were booed. Bennett is just another burnt out player trying to get some attention by going after a high profile QB.
Now that you mentioned it, I do recall Rodgers calling for Packer Nation to hold arms with one another during a Thursday night game. It ultimately fell on deaf ears though.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone please don't start up the Bennett thing again on this thread it's to likely to vear wildly away from sports.

Members online

Latest posts