Mascot

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
While watching the Viking game today, and feeling sorry for Bucky yesterday, I am glad we don't have a fluffy mascot jumping around. Anyone else feel this way?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do they need a freakin mascot for, probably because the game isn't all that exciting to watch so they need a mascot to liven things up. I like them in high school and college football, they entertain the crowd, beat the crap out of the other teams mascot, and you have a marching band but I don't see the need for one in pro. The Pack would just have a big old wedge of cheese running around if we had one... but I personally would just rather watch the football.

OP
OP
Powarun

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Their purpose may also distract the kickers too. While watching the lions vs vikes today, I was wondering that was moving the girls ponytails or her freakish mustache.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do they need a freakin mascot for, probably because the game isn't all that exciting to watch so they need a mascot to liven things up. I like them in high school and college football, they entertain the crowd, beat the crap out of the other teams mascot, and you have a marching band but I don't see the need for one in pro. The Pack would just have a big old wedge of cheese running around if we had one... but I personally would just rather watch the football.
LOL!! Couldnt have said it better myself!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The Pack would just have a big old wedge of cheese running around if we had one... but I personally would just rather watch the football.

More like a bag cheese curds. LOL

Cheese curds, Packers and beer,
That's what I like to hear.
I may be kinda pokey,
But I say "okey-dokey!"
To cheese curds, Packers and beer

-- Adapted from "Belgians in Heaven," by Frederick Heide & James Kaplan

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny that this subject is brought up since I was also thinking of bringing it up while watching the Broncos mascot mugging it for the camera. (It's a big white horse wearing the team's uniform.)
Like I was going to ask "What would a Packers mascot look like even if you don't want them to have one."
All I could think of would be a butcher covered in blood running around with a meat cleaver.
(And this is while I am sober.)

If you haven't noticed yet, the Pack is all about down to earth humble tradition while staying true and grounded to their football roots.
As far as I know, they don't have the pyrotechnics going off while the players run out through a retarded looking inflatable thingy, such as the Viqueens do. (Who also have at least two mascots. Geez. How desperate can they get? Lame team, let's overkill it with the mascots to gain interest. I digress....)
So without a mascot, shows class and old school back before mascots were invented and I'm fine with that.

OP
OP
Powarun

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I also saw the the lame Broncos mascot too. I like how traditional the Packers are, the more I learn about them the more I appreciate the Packers. Just like their uniforms, they don't play up to whatever is hot or gimmicks. Its about the football.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Like I was going to ask "What would a Packers mascot look like even if you don't want them to have one."
All I could think of would be a butcher covered in blood running around with a meat cleaver.
(And this is while I am sober.)

LOL

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Please explain that one!? Because Lombardi's dad and uncle were butchers? The GB Packing company makes boxes from what I understand.

If you wanted a mascot that really showed the roots of the Packers, it would be a cardboard box I guess. Heh

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Please explain that one!? Because Lombardi's dad and uncle were butchers? The GB Packing company makes boxes from what I understand.
I thought that the name "Packers" came from some type of meat packing plant. (Wasn't it ACME? Weren't they the "ACME Packers at one point?)
Didn't know about Lombardi's dad and uncle's occupations.

If you wanted a mascot that really showed the roots of the Packers, it would be a cardboard box I guess. Heh
LOL
That's a good one!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While watching the Viking game today, and feeling sorry for Bucky yesterday, I am glad we don't have a fluffy mascot jumping around. Anyone else feel this way?
Say what?
Why?
Bucky won by a big score.

If your referring to the mascot, which I think you are, what did I miss?

OP
OP
Powarun

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
He has to do push ups for every point on the score board. He had to do over 300 push ups for Saturday's appearance. For a mascot thats a lot. It works like this, if they score 14 he does 14 pushups if they raise the score to 21 he has to do 21 more push ups, 28 = 28 more push ups, and they scored 70 points.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that the name "Packers" came from some type of meat packing plant. (Wasn't it ACME? Weren't they the "ACME Packers at one point?)

LOL
That's a good one!

Curly Lambeau, the team's founder, solicited funds for uniforms from his employer, the Indian Packing Company. He was given $500 for uniforms and equipment, on condition that the team be named for its sponsor

according to wikipedia, because when I tried to click the link on the packers website it sent me to the pro shop.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mascots are for teams who cant entertain their teams with real football. I am however a fan of the human mascots, like the fireman from the Jets (ed i think is his name). And even though he is dead, the barrel guy in Denver was a great one.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mascots are for teams who cant entertain their teams with real football. I am however a fan of the human mascots, like the fireman from the Jets (ed i think is his name). And even though he is dead, the barrel guy in Denver was a great one.
I didn't think he got paid.
I think he's just a fan who somehow gets a lot of attention.
Whenever I've seen him on camera, he is in the stands.
How he got the attention, I don't know.
(Google is my friend.)

I suppose the Rainbow Man also fits into your category?
As well as St. Vince for the Pack.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has to do push ups for every point on the score board. He had to do over 300 push ups for Saturday's appearance. For a mascot thats a lot. It works like this, if they score 14 he does 14 pushups if they raise the score to 21 he has to do 21 more push ups, 28 = 28 more push ups, and they scored 70 points.
OK.
I gotchya.

I dunno how many they have on hand to be Bucky, but I would think it would be someone strong enough to do that on Sat.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Sorry, I got the Green Bay Packing and Indian Packing Companies confused. Sorry, my bad. Your right, they canned meat.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think he got paid.
I think he's just a fan who somehow gets a lot of attention.
Whenever I've seen him on camera, he is in the stands.
How he got the attention, I don't know.
(Google is my friend.)

I suppose the Rainbow Man also fits into your category?
As well as St. Vince for the Pack.

No, none of the human mascots get paid, at least the ones in the stands. The raiders guy is pretty sweet. As far as saint vince, I think he needs better seats because I rarely see him

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 90% sure the team was originally sponsored by Acme Meat Packing, and I seem to remember reading somewhere that the original team was actually made up of Acme employees. I could be wrong about the second part, but I'm pretty sure on the first part.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts