1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Marvin To Minnesota?

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by News Bot, Jun 25, 2009.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +46
    Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +305
    Dam, are the Vikings collecting players who should retire instead of play another year???

3. nelanator

nelanator Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone who lives in Minnesota (like me) and follows sports religiously (like me) knows that 99.999% of what Charley Walters writes is BS speculation with no merit whatsoever.

4. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Taking less money to catch passes from a 40 year old, man that sounds like a good deal for him.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Tampa was looking at him too...

One has to wonder did Brett say I need a top WR?

6. robdog

Ratings:
    +305
    I am getting nervous that they will get Marvin and will put it all on the line for 1 year to finish out strong. Still a lot of speculation, but I can see it happening.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    But Marvin Harrison hasn't played well for the last 2 years. WITH PAYTON MANNING. Can't see how he's gonna be an upgrade to anyone...

8. robdog

Ratings:
    +305
    He is still a good receiver who just needs to get back into football shape. But yeah, not playing for a great part of 2 years is going to slow him down some, but I can see him bouncing back if he works hard. DAM SPECULATION! Is the season here yet???

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    He has worked hard the last 2 years. He's very well known for his professional off-field conduct (except for the bar incident). He has tried to maintain shape, but is just too old... IMO he's done.

10. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I agree he would never to put up 1200+ receiving yards, but he could still be a good receiver for Vikings if they got him. If they got Favre he could throw the deep ball (which he likes to do a lot) and have an expierenced wide receiver like Harrison to be there to make a play.