Martin or Peprah?

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who would you rather have make the team.. it looks to me like only one or the other will, but I am no roster scientist...

One puts vicious hits on people, the other just likes to punch guys in the gut.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Peprah's flashed more this preseason. I've noticed him a lot more making plays and tackles.

So I go with him.

I haven't really noticed Martin doing much of anything.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Safeties: Nick Collins, Morgan Burnett, Atari Bigby, Derrick Martin, Will Blackmon

Collins is one of the best safeties in the league. With Bigby out, Burnett could start on week one, Bigby is a proven but will probably make the roster on the physically unable to play roster. I say, Martin stays...he makes his mark on special teams... and Blackmon is their primary return man (at the moment). No reason to cut any of those guys, except for the fact that the Packers will have a ton of good players for the secondary...up to ~11 probably.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like preprah too.. he's definitely getting in on more plays than he has in previous years maybe hes got something to prove so hes working harder

X-Factor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin got some guaranteed money for this season, plus he was the number one ST guy last season, and have heard he is a coaches dream in the locker room. He isn't going anywhere this season....mainly because of the guaranteed money. Also, did you see an actual 'punch'? I don't think you or anyone did ~ the film is only of his shoulders on up... he has never been in any trouble for playing dirty in his previous 4 seasons, so I am giving him the benefit of doubt. Not knocking Peprah, but he, along with Martin, is also competing against backups. Martin had an athletic interception vs. the Browns and was in the right spot to help set up Underwood's interception. I 100% go with Martin.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
peprah at safety, and martin in ST. ive noticed martin missing alot of tackles in this pre season on defens. when peprah gets in the game he knockes the oposing recievers OUT. did you see that hit against the colts, for that hit alone he should make the team.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin and Blackmon are barley backup safeties in the NFL, with Bigby injured and injury prone, Peprah appears to be the only healthy true backup.

I am not sure if Blackmon will ever be his old self after his injury and has not impressed this preseason on special teams.

Martin looks ok, he maybe replaceable on special teams with Shields.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should hang onto both. One has proven to be one of the good things we had on ST last season, the other is starting to make some plays and show he wants to be here.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not shocked that Peprah is making all those big hits. He's known for being a hitter, we've seen that out of him before. The problem I have with him is that he isn't that good in coverage. However neither is Derrick Martin. But at this point Martin shows much more promise on special teams while Peprah is just getting there. My vote goes to Martin.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peprah went to high school right next door to me down here in Plano, TX.

I would not be shocked to see both make the team, and Will Blackmon one of those surprise cuts.
I wonder if they're worried about Will's knee, and Will's punt return duties could be turned over to a new #5 WR like a Chery or Patrick Williams or Chastin West.

Peprah hasn't been able to stay healthy though. Martin has been more durable.
This is clearly one of the closest battles. It just seems to me that Will the Thrill's only value has been as a punt returner, and I don't know if he has that magic left. He might.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts