Martez Wilson (ILB, Illinois)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Illinois middle linebacker Martez Wilson will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft. Illini sports information director Kent Brown said Monday that Wilson has filed paperwork to enter the draft. Wilson led Illinois with 112 tackles this season. The Chicago Simeon graduate also had four sacks and an interception in the kind of season Illinois has been waiting for since he came to Champaign in 2007. Wilson chose Illinois over Ohio State, Notre Dame and other schools. Wilson sat out most of the 2009 season after having neck surgery. He was also stabbed before that season while reportedly helping a former teammate during a fight outside a bar. - AP Sports

Wilson is our #1 junior ILB and should be a first round pick. He is versatile enough to be able to play any LB position. This includes OLB in the 3-4. He is similar to that of Karlos Dansby and is 6-4, 250 and runs a 4.59e. He could be a great prospect to play OLB for the Packers if available.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should have stayed, I like the Illini and I watch enough to know that if he would have stayed he could improve a lot of things and would be a high 1st rd pick next year.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from Chicago, Martez Wilson's name has been in the newspapers for 4 years now. The guy has a great frame, but didn't do much at Illinois. He seems like somebody who could develop into an absolute beast. I'd rather go 2nd round than 1st round with him.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His size and athleticism could get him anywhere, thats why he had offers from every major D1 school. However, it took him awhile to adjust to the college game and I think he should have stayed.

OP
OP
D

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson has that dreaded "raw" tag added to his name. Raw talents are so much harder to draft because you base their stock on potential. I will give a few examples of guys with the same tag: Jamal Reynolds, Robert Ferguson, and Ahmad Carroll. Vernon Davis was also in that group, but he panned out...