Martellus Bennett Recent similar threads merged

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tenni racket hands is out of the building...he took his paddles and went to Foxboro, again. They should've made him wear the 86 jersey and changed his name to Ed West.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What ticks me off is he gets to leave us because he didn’t think he could win,mad with management or whatever it was and gets to go to a super bowl contender. I wish some crappy team would have picked him up off of waivers

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I expect within the next 24 hours Bennett will be badmouthing the Packers and his shoulder will have miraculously healed and will be good to go Sunday night against the Broncos, reawakening his love of the game and continuing his career for three more years.
It will be interesting to see if he shows up on the injury report tomorrow.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Kids a loser. Let 51 teammates down. He’s a liar like his brother. I would much rather watch him drop passes in NE than GB. We better go after that full contract!

Reaction score
I get the feeling Martellus wasn’t the focal point he thought he would be. He probably considered how much AR is in the news and MB starves for attention. He’s a guy that lives for the spotlight. I believe he’s the instigator that got Lance Kendricks to sit during the Anthem, I never saw anyone doing that until he showed up. Hes constantly Tweeting and prodding people to get a reaction.
I think this was a great move, there’s no way Possible well get another 5,750,000 worth of production out of his contract. The second he realized he wasn’t gonna be in the spotlight... he’s talking retirement. Who does that mid season? His relatively poor production and constant distractions are not consistent with our MO.
They should name him Double MD. Major Distraction Major Disappointment.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The rats are always the first to abandon a sinking ship.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are off the hook for his remaining base salary this year, but still on the hook for the entirety of his signing bonus, correct?
No. They should have no problem getting the prorated $4.2M back. If he suits up for them, it'll be clear he was a liar, just like his brother.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever, the Packers have looked like possibly the worst the team in the league since Rodgers, who has been covering up for a ton of shortcomings in the past, went down yet there are still Thompson supporters not being able to admit the roster lacks overall talent. :rolleyes:

When you build your entire offense around the unique abilities of the best football player on the planet, you expect to lose a LOT when you replace him with an untested player. It what way was this unexpected to you?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the feeling Martellus wasn’t the focal point he thought he would be. He probably considered how much AR is in the news and MB starves for attention. He’s a guy that lives for the spotlight. I believe he’s the instigator that got Lance Kendricks to sit during the Anthem, I never saw anyone doing that until he showed up. Hes constantly Tweeting and prodding people to get a reaction.
I think this was a great move, there’s no way Possible well get another 5,750,000 worth of production out of his contract. The second he realized he wasn’t gonna be in the spotlight... he’s talking retirement. Who does that mid season? His relatively poor production and constant distractions are not consistent with our MO.
They should name him Double MD. Major Distraction Major Disappointment.
Triple D. Major Dyckhead.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They'll probably keep him off this week for appearance's sake.

For a guy who wants to retire why would he play with another team?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I imagine they keep him off this week at least for appearance sakes. If Gronk were out or they had a very important matchup maybe they wouldn't care about appearances. At first I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he wasn't feeling great, Maybe he was questioning how much longer he wanted to play and put his body thru that anymore. Kind of thinking out loud sort of thing, which is fine, not ideal, but whatever. But this punk just ****ing quit on everyone. Don't come here milking cows and reading kids stories because you want to appear to really care and connect, you're a fraud. A real man would have been the catalyst to bring this team to the end. Pick up your game, pick up your teammates, pick up your community you put on so many shows to try and get them to embrace you, and carry them forward. Or just quit. what a punk.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First let me say I am on the "he is a rat" idea but let me take another possible angle at this. Remember when Greg Jennings said something along the lines of the Packers try and brainwash the players into thinking Green Bay is the greatest and no other team compares blah blah blah........
What if he was partially right? What if Bennett coming from new England (yes they have their flaws) and them running a tight ship made Bennett want to go back? Perhaps there are more shady things going on in Green Bay then we realize or choose to notice. Why is there no talk of Burnett being out this week again? If Rodgers was playing and it was a must win what are the chances of him taking some pain pills and playing? Again I am not a fan of how everything happened but what if Bennett does have his side and it's right about how th Packers handle things?

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough situation. Bennett seems to have gotten exactly what he wanted here. I don't blame Packers though for releasing him though. What choice did they have?

What's unreal to me is that outside of Packer media and blogs, it doesn't seem like national outlets are actually saying what happened here. Just saying he was cut, and that Bennett is a great guy cause he writes childrens books or whatever.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team tells their players they are the best. It's that way on 11 year old little league teams even. Greg Jennings was trying to convince himself he made the right decision when he realized who would be throwing him the ball.

Almost every other agent and player has said dealing with GB is easy because they are pretty up front in how they're going to deal with you and what their thoughts are concerning a player. Not a lot of funny business from that end

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
When you build your entire offense around the unique abilities of the best football player on the planet, you expect to lose a LOT when you replace him with an untested player. It what way was this unexpected to you?
1. That has nothing to do with the defense, other than maybe TOP being tilted a bit.
2. No one is saying that the offense won't lose quite a bit. But there's a huge difference in being a perennial Super Bowl contender, and consistent top 5-10 offense every single year, to potentially looking to get a top 5 or 10 pick and the offense looking like a joke.

Reaction score
Almost every other agent and player has said dealing with GB is easy because they are pretty up front in how they're going to deal with you
True. Im willing to wager that nearly every other agent or player will not be so eager to show their cards concerning retirement before Playing game #8 in a 16 game season.
That was foolish move on more than just the monetary level IMO. Just his retirement statement alone potentially cost him over $100,000+ per word!
That’ll make you think a little bit as a player before you take to tweeting retirement plans.
If I’m an agent.. I’m on the phone with every last client I have making sure this doesn’t happen. For both of our pocketbooks.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. That has nothing to do with the defense, other than maybe TOP being tilted a bit.
2. No one is saying that the offense won't lose quite a bit. But there's a huge difference in being a perennial Super Bowl contender, and consistent top 5-10 offense every single year, to potentially looking to get a top 5 or 10 pick and the offense looking like a joke.
Agreed. I'm not seeing how this offense was built around his unique skill set. No deep threats, no creative uses of the now two RBs who showed they have solid receiving ability, just a very vanilla scheme and ordinary players who were elevated by his unique skillset. A skillet which is basically being excellent at everything, it's tough to find anyone who wouldn't fit in an offense with him playing QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agreed. I'm not seeing how this offense was built around his unique skill set. No deep threats, no creative uses of the now two RBs who showed they have solid receiving ability, just a very vanilla scheme and ordinary players who were elevated by his unique skillset. A skillet which is basically being excellent at everything, it's tough to find anyone who wouldn't fit in an offense with him playing QB.

While I agree with this to some extent (vanilla scheme), what the Packers have failed to build is an offense that can consistently run the ball and they got away with that with AR. Our OL may be really good at pass protection, which some of that I credit Rodgers with, but they aren't that great at run blocking. So we are now seeing what happens to an offense that was basically relying on a very smart QB who had the skills to make a defense pay for overplaying the run/pass, jumping offsides, leaving a receiver open, etc. Hundley just isn't that guy. Teams are loading up the box and basically daring him to throw the ball and until he can start doing that, this offense is going nowhere without #12.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you forget to build your entire offense around the unique abilities of the best football player on the planet, you expect to lose a LOT when you replace him with an untested player. It what way was this unexpected to you?

Fixed that for ye!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with this to some extent (vanilla scheme), what the Packers have failed to build is an offense that can consistently run the ball and they got away with that with AR. Our OL may be really good at pass protection, which some of that I credit Rodgers with, but they aren't that great at run blocking. So we are now seeing what happens to an offense that was basically relying on a very smart QB who had the skills to make a defense pay for overplaying the run/pass, jumping offsides, leaving a receiver open, etc. Hundley just isn't that guy. Teams are loading up the box and basically daring him to throw the ball and until he can start doing that, this offense is going nowhere without #12.

Notwithstanding my own comments above, what we miss is the play design. We have the pieces but the perennially bad and conservative play calling is what is holding us back. We do not make any plays that confuses the defence making it easy on our own players. We expect them to beat a defence prepared and expecting and we still because because we have the talent. With better playcalling we can play to team strengths and not just rely on individual brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts