1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Marshawn Lynch

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NelsonsLongCatch, Sep 7, 2010.

1. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +615
    I'm just throwing this out there because it seems to make sense:

- Marshawn Lynch is now the third string RB for Buffalo, behind Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller. The Bills are thought to be the worst team in the league and a top candidate for #1 pick in the 2011 draft. The Bills need players at all positions and draft picks.

- The Packers are only carrying two running backs. Brandon Jackson is injury prone and nothing special.

Why not offer the Bills something for Lynch? He could be a change-of-pace for Grant, return punts and return kicks. He's young and explosive.

This move is not a typical GB move because of Lynch's character issues. Why not take the chance?

2. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Bleh... Lynch is too much of a meathead for my tastes to be a #3 but I could see why someone would want him. Grant would have to go down for significant time before I'd even entertain the thought and it'd be for no more than a 6th.

3. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    A meathead, yes, but a meathead who can play special teams and work some really nice swing passes. The return game is the Packers one glaring weakness.

4. normsizedmidget

normsizedmidget Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Discussed this quite a bit. I'm not wild about it but it wouldn't be horrible.

Very highly doubt he will add anything on ST or the return game.

5. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    I believe he returned punts in college. I'd rather give him a shot than the starting CB on the team.

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    If it happened, I'd be as surprised as I was when.... wait, I'd be more shocked than anything in Packers history.

7. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    You and me both.

8. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah not going to happen.

9. normsizedmidget

Ratings:
    +9
    He returned kicks in college, I think. I'm sort of a closet Cal fan and seem to remember it. I'd look it up but I'm on dialup right now. haha

Sure the stats our out there somewhere to answer that argument though. Still don't think he's an NFL caliber return guy though.

10. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Wasn't he there with DeSean Jackson? If he was then he probably only did it when he was hurt.

11. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    He average around 15 kickoff returns a year. Not a large sample, but a sample. I just like him to serve as an all-purpose kind of guy. Offense and special teams.

12. normsizedmidget

Ratings:
    +9
    33 Returns for 744 yards in college on kicks. 22 yard average. Not very spectacular. I just don't see the return ability out of him. I'd rather have a guy like Clifton Smith or something similar to that.

13. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +615
    I agree. A guy like Smith is more experienced at returning and comes much, much cheaper. Instead of giving up a draft pick or player, they'd be signing a "street FA".

I like Lynch because he provides backup for Grant. He has the ability to return kicks too. Remember, GB would have drafted him if Buffalo didn't take him at #12.

14. normsizedmidget

Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah I think I was in favor of trying to getting Lynch one point but I've discussing this topic ad nauseum and now I just feel blah about the whole thing. I'd like to go after Steve Slaton if we were going to make a move.......wish we had done that before Ben Tate got hurt. He would have been a nice fit.

15. BigDaddyKaine

BigDaddyKaine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lynch has plenty of talent but the guy is such a tool that I would rather us try and get another back if we are in the market for one.

16. normsizedmidget

Ratings:
    +9
    Not to mention I would rather make a move for a defensive back if we are going to go out there and do something. I'm surprised though we're not hearing more about him being shopped with the logjam they have their at the running back position.

17. BigDaddyKaine

BigDaddyKaine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amen brother, but I'll narrow it down a bit more I want a CB more than anything else if we make a trade.

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLP2cOxXEM]YouTube - MARSHAWN LYNCH PLAYTIME!!![/ame]

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    good chance Arod would ask for a trade if they brought him in lol

20. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Never gonna happen. Never ever. Not in a million years. For several reasons.

But the important thing is:

IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

21. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    But if it were...... when would that be RS?

22. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    The day the Vikings win a SB. Is that the answer you're looking for? :happy0005: :viksux:

23. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    How is brandon jackson injury prone. He got hurt for like 3 weeks in 1 year. Injury prone is when some 1 is consistently hurt. EX Justin Harell, Clintion portis. Second off Marshawn is not a good character player.