Marshawn Lynch Traded.....To Seahawks

theheadcheese.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In this era of fantasy football, we all wanted to see Marshawn Lynch traded to the Packers--myself included. Sure he was a first round bust in Bufalo, but everyone busts in Buffalo these days. We figured, give him a dynamic passing game, led by a QB he played with at Cal, and maybe he'll be reborn--reviving the Packers' running game right along with it.

On the other hand, he may just not be that good. Exhibit A: Laurence Maroney, who washed out in New England and is off to an ugly start in Denver. Throw in Lynch's off-field indiscretions and it was probably a coin flip whether he would have been the missing piece to the Packers' offense.

Still, fans will be frustrated that once again Thompson, in their eyes, shied away from making a splash, instead sticking with his own guys to prove his eye for talent. There are other running backs out there, some more expensive some cheaper than Lynch's asking price of a 4th rounder and a conditional pick the following year. The Panthers say they won't move Jonathan Stewart, but why does an 0-4 team need two dynamic runners, if there's too little talent around them? Cleveland's Jerome Harrison has fallen out of favor as Peyton Hillis has become the flavor of the week. Heck, the Seahawks cut Julius Jones--maybe he's worth a look.

Most likely, Thompson has no plans to add another back. He figures Dimitri Nance is ready to get some action and rookie James Starks may get his shot after the bye. Greg Bedard, in his final days at the Journal Sentinel (unfortunately, for us Packer fans), documents recent Super Bowl champs and their less than mighty running games. In today's NFL, you don't need Adrian Peterson to win a Super Bowl. The question is, can you really win one with John Kuhn?

Follow the Pack 24-7 at The Head Cheese: The Place for Packer Fans : Head Cheese

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm personally sick and tired of Thompson, and his extreme reluctance to make a move when one needs to be made. A GM is more than a glorified scout, he's the steward of the franchise. He needs to understand that when the situation is dire, you have to take a chance. His unwillingness to be daring, is going to cost the Pack dearly.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAM! This would of helped the Packers! Why wouldn't we give up a 4th round pick?

Facebook needs to make a DISLIKE button!

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, angry here too. I thought his price was going to be higher but I guess something else scared the Packers...

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Viking's fan, I'm extremely glad the Packers didn't get Lynch. I think you guys just need a running game and to step it up on D to live up to the hype.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm sure Buffalo was gouging the Pack. Pack dropped out and Seattle more than likely took what they could get at that point. That's my theory. Am I disappointed. Sure.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys I dont agree that he didnt pull the trigger on this because lets face it, without a threat at running game we are effed! But....we dont know that we didnt offer the 4th round pick for Lynch, cause keep in mind, our 4th round pick could and should be alot higher than Seatles 4th round pick...feel me?

:chisux:

Members online

Latest posts