1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Marshawn Lynch for AJ Hawk trade RUMOR---coming from a Bills site, opinions?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by matter2003, Sep 14, 2010.

1. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Sounds like a rumor invented by a fan. NFL Players have pride, and while Buffalo is in shambles, there's no way those guys want to be the worst in the league.

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    They can't do anything about it if the coach is willfully not putting his best guys on the field. And Lynch is probably their 3rd best back.

I'm not saying they're throwing the season, but frankly it wouldn't totally shock me.

3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    It certainly is a fan-made rumor, but if I was a Buffalo fan at heart, that's what I'd want. This team has been bottom 6 in the league for years and it's gotten them nowhere (mostly because they draft stupidly). But with new management, maybe they can make something out of new drafts. If being last in the league means that they can get a top tier QB with the first overall pick, I think every fan in Buffalo would be fine with it at this point.

4. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,304
    Looking at Buffalo, Green Bay fans should appreciate Ted Thompson more. Not anyone can just waltz in and put together a playoff caliber squad. It takes a network of people the GM has personally built and a network of smart scouts and assistants. I read in the Journal Sentinel (I think) that Ted was a scout under Ron Wolf. Now Ron Wolf's son is a scout under Ted. Hopefully this is preparing for the future as well as providing a quality team for today.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979

Ted was asked by Ron to look at a certain q/b to evaluate him

Ted was part of the scout team that was drafter by Ron that won the SB