Marshawn Lynch for AJ Hawk trade RUMOR---coming from a Bills site, opinions?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard rumors that they might throw the season just to get the 1st overall pick. The extra benefit behind this is that if there is a lockout, I've heard the plan is to repeat the draft in the same order 2 years in a row. That's two #1 overall picks 2 years in a row. That's a lot of incentive for the Bills to just scrap the season and make sure their stars (what few they have) don't get injured.

Sounds like a rumor invented by a fan. NFL Players have pride, and while Buffalo is in shambles, there's no way those guys want to be the worst in the league.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Sounds like a rumor invented by a fan. NFL Players have pride, and while Buffalo is in shambles, there's no way those guys want to be the worst in the league.
They can't do anything about it if the coach is willfully not putting his best guys on the field. And Lynch is probably their 3rd best back.

I'm not saying they're throwing the season, but frankly it wouldn't totally shock me.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It certainly is a fan-made rumor, but if I was a Buffalo fan at heart, that's what I'd want. This team has been bottom 6 in the league for years and it's gotten them nowhere (mostly because they draft stupidly). But with new management, maybe they can make something out of new drafts. If being last in the league means that they can get a top tier QB with the first overall pick, I think every fan in Buffalo would be fine with it at this point.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Looking at Buffalo, Green Bay fans should appreciate Ted Thompson more. Not anyone can just waltz in and put together a playoff caliber squad. It takes a network of people the GM has personally built and a network of smart scouts and assistants. I read in the Journal Sentinel (I think) that Ted was a scout under Ron Wolf. Now Ron Wolf's son is a scout under Ted. Hopefully this is preparing for the future as well as providing a quality team for today.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at Buffalo, Green Bay fans should appreciate Ted Thompson more. Not anyone can just waltz in and put together a playoff caliber squad. It takes a network of people the GM has personally built and a network of smart scouts and assistants. I read in the Journal Sentinel (I think) that Ted was a scout under Ron Wolf. Now Ron Wolf's son is a scout under Ted. Hopefully this is preparing for the future as well as providing a quality team for today.

Ted was asked by Ron to look at a certain q/b to evaluate him

Ted was part of the scout team that was drafter by Ron that won the SB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts