Marshawn Lynch for AJ Hawk trade RUMOR---coming from a Bills site, opinions?

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe, that TT hasn't thought about the idea of trying to get Lynch...he's a GM, his job is to improve the team, he loves the draft first, but I'm pretty sure he understands that this could be a special year, and if we need to fill a void, it falls on him to take action, at the moment he has done the right thing finding a healthy young RB that could be groomed to this offense and coached up, that's a great move and the best that can be done at the moment.

I expect Lynch to go somewhere, obviously there are not many takers (similar to Woodson) he is a younger starting RB with plenty of tread left on those tires, from what I've learned from these posts and the Bills' forum, TT originally wanted LYNCH, so really why not?

let's wait a few weeks, I'm sure Lynch will go somewhere...GB would be huge!!!...but this is said with tempered enthusiasm

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe, that TT hasn't thought about the idea of trying to get Lynch...he's a GM, his job is to improve the team, he loves the draft first, but I'm pretty sure he understands that this could be a special year, and if we need to fill a void, it falls on him to take action, at the moment he has done the right thing finding a healthy young RB that could be groomed to this offense and coached up, that's a great move and the best that can be done at the moment.

I expect Lynch to go somewhere, obviously there are not many takers (similar to Woodson) he is a younger starting RB with plenty of tread left on those tires, from what I've learned from these posts and the Bills' forum, TT originally wanted LYNCH, so really why not?

let's wait a few weeks, I'm sure Lynch will go somewhere...GB would be huge!!!...but this is said with tempered enthusiasm

I agree with you completely. This is building to be a special year. Take a shot with Lynch. AJ Hawk played ZERO snaps against Philly and is only a two-down LB.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think TT is rigid at all. He's principled and does deals that make sense. He's into player development and retention, which to me is the way to run a football team these days. Would he have let Bryce Paup and Tony Bennett get away as Wolf did?

Probably not.

I'd like to see Lynch come in - after Jackson proves he can't do it. TT's going to give him that chance to prove himself.

That's fair.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think TT gives Jackson 3 hours on Sunday to prove it.

It'd be stupid of him to let Lynch leave town and then bring him back here. If Jackson has like 16 carries for 30 yards in the late 3rd quarter I'd start keeping up with Schefter's Twitter account.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be a great idea to bring Lynch in here. He would be on a contender which would make him watch his off the field issues, as well as being in GB which is not quite the atmosphere as being right by NY. Him and Rodgers are buddies, and the guy was a stud in college. I would love to see him come in.. I really hope TT makes it happen. We need a run threat if we are serious about a superbowl. I like Jackson, but that is literally all we have. (I like Kuhn, but he's a FB truely, not RB) Having 2 guys that can tote that rock would be great..

Who knows, if we have a 3 headed monster at RB next season if this trade does go through, one can be used as trade bait for some help at corner.. just a thought..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers on Marshawn Lynch: "Bring him on" | ProFootballTalk.com

The Bills turned down a 3rd AND A PLAYER for him in the offseason.

Stop with this BS. If TT trades a 2nd rounder for a guy that has off the field problems, when our O is completely based on the passing game, and when we already have a good RB, with the same mold, in Ryan Grant (next year he's back), I'll personally go to GB and shot him in the face.

Lynch for Hawk is a pipe dream, quit this talk already.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was in the summer... Its game time now and they need help. They realize he's just sitting there and they could get a guy to come in and instantly help a weak defense. I agree our pass game is number one, but a guy like Lynch can only help our pass game. I dont see what is hard to understand about that. So many Packer fans are so ok with staying just average or building a guy up to play, get a guy that has proven he can play at a high level in the league when the team has a very legit chance at a SB THIS YEAR!

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
M. Lynch

The News
Jason La Canfora of NFL.com is reporting that the Bills are telling teams Marshawn Lynch "is not available.

Lynch only carried it three times Week 1, and despite a lousy performance, CJ Spiller will continue to earn carries. It's very surprising that Buffalo wouldn't dump him for a mid-round pick at this point. Stay tuned.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Bills are retarded if that's true.

Are they looking to pull off a 3 back system? That doesn't happen.

If they could get a 2 or a 3 off a team for Lynch they'd be stupid not to take it.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Stop with this BS. If TT trades a 2nd rounder for a guy that has off the field problems, when our O is completely based on the passing game, and when we already have a good RB, with the same mold, in Ryan Grant (next year he's back), I'll personally go to GB and shot him in the face.

I'd gladly give up a third round pick for Lynch

You have to remember, before the draft the Bills didn't have CJ Spiller. I would like to believe the Bills would take a 3rd for Lynch.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Telling teams a player isn't available is a strategy designed to drive up trade value. It's the same reason why we didn't get anything for Lumpkin or Havner- Teams knew they were due to be cut so they could just put in a waiver claim and grab them without having to give anything up in return.

It's nonsense to think Ted Thompson isn't willing to trade draft picks for players. TT gets aggressive when he sees a need. Look at last years draft, when he traded to get back into the 1st round to select Clay Matthews. What did he give away, a 2nd and two thirds just to move up?

I agree Lynch would be a good pickup, especially considering the salary. But we're not gonna give up anything more than a 4th for him, especially if that move involves trading Hawk, who for all intents and purposes, has been a solid player.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was in the summer... Its game time now and they need help. They realize he's just sitting there and they could get a guy to come in and instantly help a weak defense. I agree our pass game is number one, but a guy like Lynch can only help our pass game. I dont see what is hard to understand about that. So many Packer fans are so ok with staying just average or building a guy up to play, get a guy that has proven he can play at a high level in the league when the team has a very legit chance at a SB THIS YEAR!

Very good posting... couldn't agree more

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahson
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If TT did make the call Buffalo probably wouldnt do it anyways cause there one of the most retarded organizations EVER. I live in b-low I know.

TT: How about a Hawk, Lynch trade?
Chan: uh, why?
TT: well I mean we need a RB and you guys need help on defense...win win...? right?
Chan: Who is this?
TT: Excuse me?
(awkward pause)
TT: how about a 4th and Hawk for Lynch and a 6th?
Chan: uhm no. How about.....A 5th and a 7th for Lynch and a 2nd...
TT: What? Can I speak with Buddy please.
*dial tone*

[ame=http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14898355&postcount=38]ProSportsDaily.com - View Single Post - Hawk for Lynch. . . Do It[/ame]

ROFL :p

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is pretty hilarious... and sad because it seems like something Buffalo would do

Draft Day, Bills War Room:

Hmm... We have no offensive linemene, quarterback or secondary. We just drafted Marshawn Lynch three years ago and love Fred Jackson. I know, let's take CJ Spiller higher than anybody would think of drafting him. We'll make Jackson the backup and give Lynch three carries a game. This should help us compete with the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is pretty hilarious... And sad because it seems like something buffalo would do

draft day, bills war room:

Hmm... We have no offensive linemene, quarterback or secondary. We just drafted marshawn lynch three years ago and love fred jackson. I know, let's take cj spiller higher than anybody would think of drafting him. We'll make jackson the backup and give lynch three carries a game. This should help us compete with the jets, patriots and dolphins.

lol!

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd gladly give up a third round pick for Lynch

You have to remember, before the draft the Bills didn't have CJ Spiller. I would like to believe the Bills would take a 3rd for Lynch.

I guess the key here is who they were offered with the 3rd round pick. If they were offered another RB or possibly a d back where, as posted, they are already pretty deep, then it would make no sense for them to part ways with what they consider a valuable commodity. If, however, they need an AJ Hawk (they do) who is a solid LB in the weak mid field they have, then they may go for it.

There are many more gray areas to trading a player with value, as Lynch clearly has, than to trading just picks or backup players. I will give a few that could be what the original offer for a 3rd and player may have been:

1- 3rd round pick was from a team like the Colts, who, year in and out, have a low pick, which from BUF side, could be anywhere from 26-32 pick. In the 3rd rd, that would be pick # 90- 96. Not as **** as pick 64-89. PLUS, that player offered could have (hypothetically) been an injury prone, overpaid player like Bob Sanders. Would this make any sense for BUF?

2- The team offering the pick and player could have been no other than the Patriots, who were in the market for a RB, and they may have offered the pick plus an older player, either way, it is pretty rough waters trying to trade in your division regardless of the situation.

3- It could very well be that the Bills KNOW that they can get value from Lynch, as his contract was front loaded (thus he has no real effect on their cap if they keep him) as the season plays out. Look at how many season ending injuries have already occurred to premiere players. RBs are the most injured of all positions in the league. They can hold him the whole year, and if they dont find something they like, they can cut him loose at no loss. BUT, they can get value the later into the season it gets.

On a separate note, Hawks salary is not a huge factor in his trade, as he MUST know his contract will need to be negotiated. He is one of the top 20% LBs being paid in the league, and he has done little to get a raise. He is a team player, and I think he would welcome a chance to prove himself in a different system. He is a down to earth player that I dont think would make a huge stink about renegotiating. Besides, even being slightly above mediocre would make him a star on that D.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think were there is smoke there is fire...I think they are legitimately trying to trade Hawk. However, that doesn't mean its def going to happen. Both sides need to agree.

As for Aj Hawks house up for sale, its true.

460 North Olden Glen, De Pere WI - Trulia
I would LOVE for the Pack to trade Hawk. I don't like him, don't trust him anymore.

But do I think we'll get something valuable in return? NO. I think, if it happens, it's for a draft pick and a scrub.

Members online

Latest posts