Marshawn Lynch for AJ Hawk trade RUMOR---coming from a Bills site, opinions?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Rumor. It's kind of like the "rumor" that Brett Favre was retiring for good. That rumor came from someone who knew someone who knew someone, etc. I'd like to see another vet in the backfield, but it seems like just another rumor.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch 4 Hawk? Eh...

I am not so sure either team would be getting a steal "if" this trade was to happen. I mean, Hawk is ok, but nothing to write home about, and as far as Lynch goes, well the guy is injured more than anything. When he plays he can be productive, but what RB can't? I didn't see much upside to Spiller last week, so I have a hard time believing that the Bills would let their veteran back go in return for a mediocre LB, but that of course is just my thoughts on the subject.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers were interested in him at the draft..

There were rumors in offseason that the bills were shopping him even to the Seahawks, os this does have legs they are willing to part ways..

But until it is done, or a HARD fact comes out, it is just a rumor..

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is an interesting trade in theory. We give up a guy we don't desperately need for a guy we could definitely use, and possibly renew our running game. The Bills get a solid starter in their defense who already understands the 3-4 system and give up a guy who doesn't play much. Interesting.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe anything until I see it officially released through official channels, Packers/ Bills PR in this case. This particular rumor makes more sense to me than some of the other things I've heard but to me, rumor is just rumor until an official PR statement/ release has been made. As in contracts have been signed and the deed is done and Hawk is on a plane to Buffalo.

By the way, I hear Favre is retiring. Again.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres an easy way to see if this is smoke or if this is fire: Wait until Sunday afternoon.

If this is imminent, than neither one of these players will be active for the game. Think about it. Just as they would not trade before the game as the player would be able to give valuable insight to their new team about their old team, the current team would not put a player they are about to trade to the opponent into the game to cost them dearly by chance or purpose.

If there is any news in this rumor, check the roster for sunday. If we see a repeat of Hawk on the sideline and never in the game, or even moreso, not in pads, its about as imminent as can be that he is on the outs.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I'd like this trade to happen, I know it's not going to because of Thompson. He just seems content to sit on his hands rather than try and make a move that would ensure that the Pack remain Super Bowl contenders. Speaking of sitting, I fear that it's the Pack that will be sitting in their living rooms watching two other teams play in Super Bowl 45!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to get rid of Hawk. Similar to the DL in the 4-3, you can never have too many linebackers in the 3-4. Brandon Jackson has never had significant playing time or a chance to sustain a rhythm because Grant has always been healthy, so I'd like to see what he can do through week 5 before making any transactions for an HB before the trade deadline.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
As much as I'd like this trade to happen, I know it's not going to because of Thompson. He just seems content to sit on his hands rather than try and make a move that would ensure that the Pack remain Super Bowl contenders. Speaking of sitting, I fear that it's the Pack that will be sitting in their living rooms watching two other teams play in Super Bowl 45!

your attitude blows... give it a chance... just because RG went out doesnt mean B Jack cant handle the load... our offense is primarily passing... I can see if it was the other way around... chill out and check that attitude... :pleasantry:

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To hear these kinds of things after all these years is just absurd at this point. 2 Weeks ago, everyone was calling us SB contenders (many still are). Yahoo sports reporters are unanimously picking us to rep the NFC in Dallas this year. So my question becomes... Who is responsible?

If everyone thought that MM was a retard and a horrible coach like many thought over the last season, then hes not.

If TT never gives us the tools to get over the hump, then hes not.

We lost Favre, and despite that, we are still one of the brightest most talented teams in the league, with TONS of upside. We loose Grant for the entire PHI game, and there is little to NO effect on our O against one of the best Ds in the league. We have Jennings, Finley, Rodgers, Matthews, Raji, Woodson, etc etc etc to spoil this team currently, and yet, all we hear from some is that TT does NOTHING to help this team win. You act like he doesnt care what happens, like its no reflection on his talent.

So PLEASE, tell all, what would you do? Make a MADDEN 2011 move by swapping out Hawk and Jackson for Adrian Peterson? Maybe trade Flynn and 2011 1st round pick for Steven Jackson and STL 2nd rounder? Im just not sure what will make some Packers fans happy with the job TT is doing here in GB.

We have one of the BEST GMs in the league, one who refuses to take other teams trash players and overpay for them. He almost SINGLE handedly got us out of the cap hell that Mike Sherman had us in, which RESULTED in those lean years right after he took over. His drafts have been ok at worst, and would be viewed VERY differently had we went with someone other than Harrell 4 years ago, but thats what happens sometimes.

Relax, we won a good game on Sunday, and we have every reason to remain excited about this year. The sky isnt falling when we lose a good back who can be plugged in with another marginal/ good back on a PASS FIRST team.

If losing Grant or thinking that TT not bringing in a Pro-Bowler/ Retired/ over the hill RB/ over rated back to replace him INSTEAD of giving the #2 guy who is no slouch himself a chance makes you think we have just lost out on a SB shot, then by all means, following this season will be miserable for you. ORRRRRRRR.....

You can realize that Thompson has done a good job of assembling a team ready for SB runs over the next decade, relax, and enjoy the season.

GO PACK GO

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite rumor on this board has been the Randy Moss for Aaron Rodgers (and more?).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres an easy way to see if this is smoke or if this is fire: Wait until Sunday afternoon.

If this is imminent, than neither one of these players will be active for the game. Think about it. Just as they would not trade before the game as the player would be able to give valuable insight to their new team about their old team, the current team would not put a player they are about to trade to the opponent into the game to cost them dearly by chance or purpose.

If there is any news in this rumor, check the roster for sunday. If we see a repeat of Hawk on the sideline and never in the game, or even moreso, not in pads, its about as imminent as can be that he is on the outs.

Well do either players even have a chance to play reguardless? Prob not.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk in part of the base D. He didnt take any D snaps this week due to Vick. We never played our Base D package. He did play in the ST packages though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing to take into consideration is the salary. AJ is going to make 4.5 mil while Lynch is going to make $885,000. The next year AJ makes $10 million while Lynch makes $1.14 mil. I would be all for trading AJ and then cutting Lynch if we could.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently others are taking notice to the potential upside to this trade. Yahoo sports has a big article on it right now...

However, I don't know about sending a 2nd round pick for him... Sounds like a high price, but I could be wrong. From what the article said though, the kid loves Green Bay and would be thrilled to play for us, potentially resurrect his career with us. He visited prior to the 07 draft and loved GB...

packerfan1441

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch could definitely help, he's a strong back with excellent explosion, but Hawk has also been a key part of the defense even if people don't realize it.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a conjured up rumour. It seems a bit too conincidental with the partnerships and so on.

IF this was a real possibility, I think this would have happened already. I think Lynch is a Rison. Good fit for right now.

Hope that it happens....

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will exchange players at the 50-yard line just before kickoff.

A Rod wants Lynch.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a conjured up rumour. It seems a bit too conincidental with the partnerships and so on.

IF this was a real possibility, I think this would have happened already. I think Lynch is a Rison. Good fit for right now.

Hope that it happens....

I agree that it's just a rumor, and there's no substance to it. But I don't think I'd call Lynch a Rison... I think Lynch could really help in the long term. He's a much different runner than Grant, much more shifty and explosive. It'd be a nice 1-2 when Grant returns. And keep B Jax as our 3rd back. Our depth at RB is thin even with Grant/B Jackson.

And apparently from everything I've read, Lynch is the guy that Thompson wanted back in 07, but he was taken by the Bills a few picks before us, so we went with Harrell.... and we all know how that worked out.

I doubt even if there was any truth to this that we would see anything before Sunday's game is over... Wouldn't make sense to swap guys that know how each others systems work just before the game...

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem I have with Thompson is that although he's a good personnel man, he's too rigid in his managerial style to be a truely great GM. I can't help but compare him to Wolf. Not only was Wolf just as skilled a judge of talent as Thompson, he was willing to take a chance if he thought it would improve the team. For example, in the middle of the 96 season the Pack lost both of their starting receivers, Brooks and Freeman, to injury. They were forced to start Don Beebe and Terry Mickens at WR. Wolf knew that he needed to make a move, so he scooped Andre Rison off the waiver wire after he'd been cut by the Jags. At the time I was opposed to the move because Rison had a league-wide reputation for being a troublemaker. He'd been cut by the Jags for violating team policy, but during his time with the Pack he contributed greatly to the team's success without causing any problems. The Pack are facing a similiar situation now, it's not going to a problem for the next three games, because the Bills don't have an offense,the Tabbies don't have a defense, and the Bears are quarterbacked by the human turnover machine aka Jay Cutler. However starting with a road trip to Washington the Packers face the Dolphins,Vikings,Jets, and Cowboys. If they don't have a threat of a running game by that time, their offense won't be as effective.

Members online

Latest posts