1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

marriage and kids

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ivo610, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    This stuff interest me... mostly because I am not married and dont have kids. Basically the article (below) says most couples are less happy after they have children. What do you guys think? I know a few of you are married with kids so was wondering what you think? check out the article

Here Comes Baby, There Goes the Marriage - WSJ.com

2. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6XfTk-ouY]YouTube - Louis CK - Kids Suck[/ame]

...sort of relevant lol

3. Ausnadian

Ausnadian Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    My wife and I have 2 kids, one on the way. It was something we have discussed for about 7 years before it happened, waiting until we both were ready to have kids. As a result, we are very happy right now and have a ball with the kids. I believe as a couple we are closer.
    In direct contrast, my friend has three kids and they started producing straight after marriage, they are not happy campers, ever. They even blame the kids for problems that are clearly theirs. I do sometimes think that that could have been us had we gone straight to kids before doing the things together we did.

4. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Well said Ausna,
    I see that often with some friends and even family members.

5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Being married with only one kid,(wish we could have another) I have to say we are just as happy as before. We were together for about 8 years, married for 4, before we had our boy. I would have to say it has been a ride. Granted there are things you back off on doing, but I think of all the things we do together and I wonder how I ever did anything without my son in my life. My wife is a professional pilot so she is gone for up to 10 days at a time, during that time my son and I are on our own. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

6. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Funny you mention this. Just sent my oldest son back to NY. I won't see him again until after his baby is born in July. We had a quiet little dinner together. My motherly advice to him was "LOVE every minute of being a parent. In the blink of any eye, they're grown and gone.". :'(

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Right now, I'm unmarried with no kittens at all. I've been in love before, I've been burned, soul left to bleed. I'm content right now, I very much live in the moment. But the future is an open door, and I believe we must always keep our hearts and souls open to God and learn to fly again. Love is the greatest gift we can ever experience. Life sometimes is merely a fleeting whim. Take love where it comes, adore it, for life can be so short. Time is a very funny thing, you think you have an eternity, so love with all you have.

Someday I'll meet the man who I want to give a very fine litter of kittens. But he'd probably give me all those kittens to keep me busy as I make mischief. :) My heart has a great capacity for love, boundless. But I don't just give my heart to just anyone. To me love is sacred. A bond between two souls as they unite.

8. bubbahotep

bubbahotep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    Married with 4 kids ages 11,9,7, and 5. While it's true that it does strain the marriage at times, they are the best blessing you could ever ask for. The most important thing to show your kids is that you love your spouse. Sure, it's busy now, between the dancing, piano lessons, baseball and soccer, but it helps you become a team, something parents without kids lack. One kid is a piece of cake, two is a walk in the park, three, they outnumber you, four is insanity, and anymore than that, good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    is anyones marriage worse off after kids?

10. Ausnadian

Ausnadian Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Ha! nice to know, 4 has been our magic number since we started talking about kids.

11. GreenBayGal

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Well, my marriage got worse but that's because my husband left me for the babysitter. I guess that's somehow related.

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I have no clue about your situation but I would guess if it was just about an unhappy marriage he wouldnt have left with the babysitter. My guess is he just is a D bag. Sorry if I am overstepping into personal life.

13. GreenBayGal

Ratings:
    +1,123
    No problem, Ivo. You're right - he is a D Bag with a capitol DOUCHE. Cheated all the while we were married so it was just a matter of time. He left beauty for youth. Believe it or not, he never watched football with me. Good riddance he's history. :happy0005:

14. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Married with four good kids. My wife and I have been married for almost 23 years and still love each other. Our oldest son is a junior on the deans list at an engineering school in Michigan. Our daughter is doing fine in high school. Youngest two boys are on the honor roll in middle school. Mother-in-law needs constant care in elderly home. A busy life.