Marquand Manuel traded (a "dream")

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Marquand Manuel traded

DePack said:
is what the headlines should have read......for a bag of dirty jockstraps!!

Very informative thread. Glad I clicked on it. :roll:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm embarrassed for myself. I looked at the title like a giddy school girl, only to find disappointment and sadness when reading the "story."

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Was he the guy that you guys signed from Seattle in the offseason? One of the bigger FA signings (aside from Woodson) that you brought in?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yeah, id say he was the 3rd 'biggest' after woodson and pickett. He was hurt throughout training camp, and started seeing action in preseason, but he isnt very good it seems. I dunno if he is gonna step up or continue to be bad. :(

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seattle's starters at S were Boulware and Hamlin. Both are very good.

Of course Hamlin got hurt and put on IR after the bar fight he was in. That's why MM got any playing time last year. MM may have also benefitted from having Tatupu in front of him and Trufant beside of him.

Many people don't realize that Seattle was the league leader in sacks as well. The added QB pressure from the DL can make the DBs look better than they are.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pantherd said:

Of course Hamlin got hurt and put on IR after the bar fight he was in. That's why MM got any playing time last year. MM may have also benefitted from having Tatupu in front of him and Trufant beside of him.

Many people don't realize that Seattle was the league leader in sacks as well. The added QB pressure from the DL can make the DBs look better than they are.
I think most people realize that. The question is, does the management know that? ( just kidding )

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pantherd said:

There is definately a connection between the big plays and pressure. In addition to the poor coverage and blown assignments on almost all the big plays against us down field I recall the QB having plenty of time.

By the end of the game we have a decent number of sacks but there are too many plays in between with little pressure and the qb is given both time and a good look down field.

Added pressure by the LB's and others has been inconsistant as well. Sometimes it works and sometimes it not too effective.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pantherd said:
Was he the guy that you guys signed from Seattle in the offseason? One of the bigger FA signings (aside from Woodson) that you brought in?

Yes, he was the guy Teddy got so excited over that he almost got charged with tampering by the NFL because he started rolling the deal before the free agency period.
I'm curious why Teddy wanted this guy so bad since it's obvious he can't play football.

tjb2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yared-Yam said:
I'm embarrassed for myself. I looked at the title like a giddy school girl, only to find disappointment and sadness when reading the "story."

DUde, there is an infallible way to know ahead of time, without clicking in, that this was a fake news report: it makes sense!!! :lol:

For this reason, Thompson would never make that move.

I rest my case. 8)

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manuel is only 1 of 3 to have just 1 int on the packers and he is the only one out of the 3 to return it for a td. But that int was thanks to cough cough "Ahmad Carroll".

Thats the only postive i have on Manuel but not only him our whole Defense pretty much needs to step up

Members online

Latest posts