Mark Roman wants OUT of Green Bay

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to draw the line somewhere between the principles and trying to help the team win. There was no easy way out on this issue.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
so the statement SHOULD say "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue, unless you are good enough for them to get something for you"........fair enough!!

So you are saying you would have been happier if TT let Walker sit until week 10 and walk out the door a FA at the end of the season, without contributing anything to the 2006 campaign besides being a cancer in the locker room???

It's good to see you have your priorities in order. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
DePack said:
so the statement SHOULD say "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue, unless you are good enough for them to get something for you"........fair enough!!

So you are saying you would have been happier if TT let Walker sit until week 10 and walk out the door a FA at the end of the season, without contributing anything to the 2006 campaign besides being a cancer in the locker room???

It's good to see you have your priorities in order. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Nope...go back and read what I actually said. The merits of trading Walker have nothing to do with this.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the merits of holding principle or helping the team. I don't think a whole lot of people would disagree with helping the team although it could be argued that holding firm would help the team in the long run, that is for sure less tangible than getting what you can for the player, and it is much less sure if it will have any impact.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Actually I think it comes down to the team will always review any trade offers from other teams. From that review, take the better situation.

With Walker, TT reviewed several offers and decided that one of those was better than making Walker sit. I seriously doubt that Javon would have sat out beyond the start of TC though. Even so, TT decided that it was best to get rid of him during a deep draft instead of deal with the distraction and team chemistry problems.

With Roman, I doubt there has been any offers thusfar. If we did get a good offer for him, I think TT would take it. Otherwise, have the coaches talk to him and let him know that he is valuable. We need good depth at safety.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
DePack said:

Actually I think it comes down to the team will always review any trade offers from other teams. From that review, take the better situation.

With Walker, TT reviewed several offers and decided that one of those was better than making Walker sit. I seriously doubt that Javon would have sat out beyond the start of TC though. Even so, TT decided that it was best to get rid of him during a deep draft instead of deal with the distraction and team chemistry problems.

With Roman, I doubt there has been any offers thusfar. If we did get a good offer for him, I think TT would take it. Otherwise, have the coaches talk to him and let him know that he is valuable. We need good depth at safety.

I agree....I wasn't being facetious when I typed that. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face!

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seattle got mike green from chicago for a 6th so unless someone is really desperate i cant see the pack getting anything more than a 7th for him

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dunno, man.

as much as i hate mark roman, hes probably better than mike green. Mike Green is really really bad, but its hard to notice because everyone else does so many great things (and covers his ***).

and a 7th round for mark roman? after TT turns that ONE pick into 2 7th rounders and a pair of sneakers...good deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts