Mark Roman wants OUT of Green Bay

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we got Jones then it would mess up our RB core i mean one of the 3 would probably have to go cus i doubt the packers want to have 4 running backs and if green is healthy the whole yr this would be a dumb trade. Get someone we need this year.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could certainly afford to lose Davenport. He is never healthy for an entire year anyway. I think Jones would even be an upgrade over Green.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
JavonWalker084 said:
can we cut him june 1st?

Can you change your name you Denver Bronco fan!! :)

We should trade Roman (underacheiver) to the Cowboys for J. Jones (overacheiver)!

J. Jones
2004 as a rookie amassed 819 yards in 8 games (16 games would be 1600+)
2004 as a second year back amassed 993 yards in 13 games (16 games would be 1200+)

He also has 12 TD's in his two years. 7 as a rookie 5 in his second year.

You can see Jones for Roman is a good trade. For both teams. Cowboys need a third string Safety and the Packers need a young promising RB. Throw in a ... wtf am i kidding ... theres no way this is a possible trade.

I'll gladly GLADLY eat my words if this trade does go down lol and the cowboys will be me second favorite team :p

I would take Jones in a second. He is going to be a stud! Was banged up a little but I like him. Who else do you know that can rack up rookie stats AND second year stats in the same year, 2004? :wink:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman5 said:
If we got Jones then it would mess up our RB core i mean one of the 3 would probably have to go cus i doubt the packers want to have 4 running backs and if green is healthy the whole yr this would be a dumb trade. Get someone we need this year.

as the scout said there is no long term solution at RB. If we could get Jones and lock him long term that's a good get. That's IF we get em which is probably doubtful.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roman should be cut pronto since he is such a candy-*** little turd.

How dare the Packers expect him to compete for his position...especially after his stellar performance the last 2 years.

My guess is his attitude will change quickly, or the coaching staff will change it for him...with a change of employment status.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think somebody needs an attitude adjustment... i'd be a rich young man if i had a nickel for every time my pop told me that.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i think somebody needs an attitude adjustment... i'd be a rich young man if i had a nickel for every time my pop told me that.

some time between high school, college, and the pro's--some players lose sight of what it is they're really doing, and who they really are--you play A GAME for a living...that I wish I could still play...this isnt football here, this is just sports as a whole...the contract Roman signed with the Packers (4 yrs/$7mill-ish (?) ) is enough that he won't have to work another day in his life, plus being a big pro athlete offers opportunities like broadcasting, coaching, front office jobs, etc...they just dont realize how good they have it...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

How dare the Packers expect him to compete for his position...especially after his stellar performance the last 2 years.

My guess is his attitude will change quickly, or the coaching staff will change it for him...with a change of employment status.

There is some comfort in knowing that this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue. I remember years back when we started getting some attitude stuff going on and for a period this was being tolerated.
The position of this staff is clearly stated and Roman can go roam around somewhere else. Even if he was above marginal status, which he is not, this kind of stuff has got to go.
Roman is making an idiot out of himself. He deserves no communication on their part in making moves that helps this team get better. None. He ought to be worried about his tackling skills far more than the Packers communication skills.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
digsthepack said:

There is some comfort in knowing that this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue. I remember years back when we started getting some attitude stuff going on and for a period this was being tolerated.
The position of this staff is clearly stated and Roman can go roam around somewhere else. Even if he was above marginal status, which he is not, this kind of stuff has got to go.
Roman is making an idiot out of himself. He deserves no communication on their part in making moves that helps this team get better. None. He ought to be worried about his tackling skills far more than the Packers communication skills.

warhawk...I agree about the Roman part but the jury is still out on the statement "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue". I'm not saying this is wrong but where are you getting this idea from? Roman asked to be released or traded...management said "no".

Walker asked to be released or traded....management said "no" then caved in to his demands. I'm not in disagreement with managements final decision on Walker. It got to the point where we had to do something or get nothing. Based on what has happened so far, I'm just not ready to say that "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue".

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roman and Walker arent the same people. Walker is actually quite talented (when healthy). Roman is...Roman.

We could cut him and nobody would notice for a couple days, then get picked up like Robert Thomas did.

I still say trade him...get something for him.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with TTs talent at drafting(although time will tell, but on the surface...it looks good) getting a 2nd day pick should be fine.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depack,
The two situations are different.
I belive that TT was playing poker in the Walker deal, making it appear he would be willing to let him sit, until the draft, when he could get the most he was going to get.

It would not have been good buisness to let him sit. We get nothing from him in '06 and nothing for him next year when he becomes a FA.

As far as attitudes and work ethics I see a different stand. They cut Hunt, they look like they will cut, I forget his name, the DT that showed up out of shape, and look to want guys with the right attitude.

I was speaking of several years ago when we had a coach for one season and there were some attitudes in the lockerroom and guys playing music after losses and just not good stuff going on. Brett actually went to management and said this junk had to stop and the coach was gone after one year.
I don't see TT or MM putting up with that kind of thing.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't trade our depth at safety! There's no need!

Roman's just unhappy because he performed better last year (no question) and then TT hires his former teammate that he beat out in Cincy to be the starter. No one talked to him about it.

Without him, we've only got 2 competent safeties: Collins and Manuel. One of those guys go down, and we scrabble for a starter. With the current roster, the best lineup with an injury and no Roman would be Woodson at safety and Carroll at CB.

Obviously the media is making a meal out of this story. Roman came to minicamp without a problem. All the coaches need to do is communicate. Something along these lines:
"We brought in some more experience at safety. We are looking to upgrade the depth at the position. Everyone will have to earn their starting spot. You will have an equal chance to win the starting role."

Worst case, Roman improves his play and beat out Manuel -- we end up with a more focused and improved Roman at safety. More likely, both Collins and Manuel have to work harder and we end up with 2 better/more focused players. Sounds like a win-win to me!

GO PACK GO!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a player has no competition, he has no reason to improve. Maybe this will improve him. If not, HE will be the backup.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't Roman battle for the SS and the nickel positions. I think Manuel will start, but he still has to earn it. Roman needs to S T F U and come to camp to kick ***. I thought his play did improve last year, but then again, he wasn't playing next to the Matador either.

I'm not going to lose any sleep on this one, but what I don't like is that everything is being aired out in public.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I hate when players play the "Disrespected me" card. That's such b.s.. But what do THEY say when THEY hold out or do slimey stuff like that. "Oh, it's just business."

Bye Mark.
I agree with the " Disrespected me" part of it. No player is really disrespected when they sign that contract they answer to whatever the owner or GM wants them to do.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I agree about the Roman part but the jury is still out on the statement "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue". I'm not saying this is wrong but where are you getting this idea from? Roman asked to be released or traded...management said "no".

Walker asked to be released or traded....management said "no" then caved in to his demands. I'm not in disagreement with managements final decision on Walker. It got to the point where we had to do something or get nothing. Based on what has happened so far, I'm just not ready to say that "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue".

The difference between Walker and Roman is that If TT had of played hardball with Walker and he sat for 10 weeks and walked at the end of the season as a FA, people would scream we got nothing for an offensive playmaker with some good trade value. On the other hand, if Roman was cut by TT tomorrow no one would miss him.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so the statement SHOULD say "this management staff will not put up with any crap on this issue, unless you are good enough for them to get something for you"........fair enough!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts